another "confused about ex" thread...

hi, yep this is another thread wondering what the ex wants. heres a basic background...together for 3 years, im 21, shes 19 now, she broke it off w/ me for various reasons, blah blah blah.

anyways, our "friendship" now consists of her calling me once in a while. we hardly ever hang out, but yet whenever she calls, she gives me the "i love you" when we hang up. she has also changed a lot since we broke up. she goes out drinking now a lot and she started smoking cigs (the cigs bothers me a lot for some reason). well, it was her birthday on the 15th and i sent her a huge flower thing. i didnt talk to her the whole day since she had her phone off for some reason. in fact i dont hear from her till 2 days ago (saturday the 17th?).

she called to say thank you for the flowers and stuff and did something really strange, she actually invited me to go somewhere with her and her friends. in our relationship, she never once invited me to go anywhere with her friends. i can honestly say i dont know any of them, so thereforeeee, i told her i was busy and couldnt come. so she calls me again tonite asking me to come by where she works for lunch. i told her ill stop by tomorrow.

any ideas about whats up? is she just now realizing there is more to a "friendship" then just calling someone once in a while? she always complains that she thinks i dont want to be her friend, which is kinda true since i do want to get back together with her and i cant just sit there and be "just another friend" to her. this whole thing is such a mess just b/c there is a ton more stuff that is wrong with this situation, but i dont want to write a novel tonight. so what do you guys think? thanks.

greg

Hey man I am going through the same stuff. My ex is always the one that calls me. I told her I could not be friends with her because my feelings lie else where (I want her back). Well anyways, your best bet is to just let her go. It seems your girlfriend wants everthing, like mine, she wants you to be around her but yet she does not want you as a boyfriend. My girlfriend went so far as to say if we were friends we could cuddle in bed and hug, but not have sex. That seems like a tease to me. Anyways, our girls want their cake and eat it too. The fact is they cannot have us as friends. I have started to ignore her calls and text messages. Hope things work out.