Baby Fever...I've Got it....

Maroney555

No I don't think everyone knows that in a meaningful way - I think many people focus on wanting a "baby" so badly that they don't take into account past the baby stage just like many people plan far more for the 5 hour wedding than the marriage itself. And I don't think baby fever is always just the mind wandering from being around a baby -I wanted a baby desperately for many years so I can relate to that kind of baby fever.

I agree. For me it's child fever but for a lot of women I know, they wanted a baby, got one, and then once they reached a year old they had a hard time processing it. They wanted something to lay there, be cute, and coo at them. They couldn't comprehend they would grow up to a walking, talking, human being. It's very easy to get baby fever. I had baby fever for years and then I started baby sitting friends' kids and my cousin's kids and I realized the change would happen. Then it just went to child fever, lol.

When I think about "baby fever" for me it extends to all AGES. I actually picture my daughter as a toddler and older--not so much as a baby. I'm more excited for the 2 and up ages then I am for the actual baby part. I love picturing the kids as 3, 5, 10, 12, 16, 20, etc. I just think about all stages and get excited. I never only wanted a baby, I always wanted the whole package. Especially after spending time with my godkids today(who are 7 months, 2 years old, and 3 years old) they just brighten up my day. I had went over there in tears because of a family fight that happened, and immediately after being with these kids and about 4 others(my best friend lives in an apartment with other family members who have a ton of kids--there were about 10 little kids there) I immediately brightened up.

I can't say that I've wanted a baby for years... Because that isn't entirely true. But I CAN say that within the last year or so I've REALLY wanted a child not just a baby. Thankfully, my biological clock isn't as strong right now.

No I don't think everyone knows that in a meaningful way - I think many people focus on wanting a "baby" so badly that they don't take into account past the baby stage just like many people plan far more for the 5 hour wedding than the marriage itself. And I don't think baby fever is always just the mind wandering from being around a baby -I wanted a baby desperately for many years so I can relate to that kind of baby fever.

There are some people like that, but I don't think so many people are. You really can't lump people together and I wouldn't categorize myself as that. I love children, not just babies, and know a lot about the stages of childhood, both from child development classes and being a nanny to 3 young girls. I would be much more excited about watching my own child grow and go through all of the milestones and changes than them just being at the baby stage.

There are some people like that, but I don't think so many people are. You really can't lump people together and I wouldn't categorize myself as that. I love children, not just babies, and know a lot about the stages of childhood, both from child development classes and being a nanny to 3 young girls. I would be much more excited about watching my own child grow and go through all of the milestones and changes than them just being at the baby stage.

Never wrote anything about you. I do know from my studies. observations and experiences over the last 28 years (since I was a teenager and started caring for children as part of my career or volunteer work up until I got pregnant a few years ago) that many young women -teenagers/young adults get "baby fever" and go through with having a baby without knowing much -or at least enough - about all that goes into raising a child. I didn't lump people together, was just responding to your mistaken impression that I did not understand the meaning of "baby fever".

Never wrote anything about you. I do know from my studies. observations and experiences over the last 28 years (since I was a teenager and started caring for children as part of my career or volunteer work up until I got pregnant a few years ago) that many young women -teenagers/young adults get "baby fever" and go through with having a baby without knowing much -or at least enough - about all that goes into raising a child. I didn't lump people together, was just responding to your mistaken impression that I did not understand the meaning of "baby fever".

Well people use the term "baby fever" in different ways. Maybe there is a better term for those who want not just a baby, but to have the baby and be happy to watch that baby grow up. I know many women who would say that they have "baby fever", but don't just want a baby and that's it. They want the whole package. They want to see the baby grow, get a personality, go through the milestones, etc. It's just that in how I read your post before it sounded like anyone who had "baby fever" only wanted a baby and for the baby to stay at that stage forever.

Archived