does it hurt?

The fact that intercourse is likely to hurt the first time (in my case luckily it didn't really though) is one reason why it's best to wait until you have a caring partner who understands this. Is your partner someone who you have been with for long enough to know that this is what you want? And can you talk about your concerns with him? If not - do wait. In my opinion 16 is very young, and thereforeeee there is no need to rush into things. Yet at the same time, it's old enough that you can make a sensible decision about whether or not you're doing the right thing and with the right guy. If there is any level of emotional discomfort about whether you are making the right decision or not, then definitely put it off. Nobody has to have sex in order to be in touch with the sexual side of themselves. When you know that you're in a situation where your first time will be a safe and positive experience, then you might be ready. Everyone your age has sexual desires, yet some are not ready for an actual sexual relationship until years later.

I disagree with the above comments. I think that kind of attitude is what creats all the problems with women lossing their virginity.

If you think your ready, then you are ready. Just be prepared to accept the consequesnces (both good and bad) of having sex.

Your not too young, and your not too unsure about yourself.

If you really felt unsure then you wouldnt be considering having sex.

Above all, wheather you descide to have sex or not, be confident in your decision, and you will do fine.

As far as it hurting, first find out if your hymen is intact. A lot of girls/women loose their hymen before ever having sex, often from the repeated insertion of a tampon. If you do have a hymen then yes sex will be a a bit painful. As a guy I can only say what other women have told me, and my own single experience at having sex with a virgin. And that is that from what I've read and been told, its a fairly shard, intense pain, that goes away quickly. So it hurts a lot but ends right away. I asked a good friend what it was like when she lost hers and she told me the best way to describe it is like pulling a loose tooth. If you push on it and play with it it hurts and aches afterwards. And when you finally pullit out, the best way is to quickly yank on it, and there is that sudden sharp pain, but wihtin seconds it feels normal again.

• 4 months later...

well im 15 and i lost my virginity sum 16 17 days ago and ill tell you it did hurtt alot for me probably for the simple fact i was EXTREMLY TIGHT like prior to that i had only gotten fingerd a max of like 2 or 3 times i dont really remember.. but yea it did hurt and my b'f was also 9 inches long 3 inches thick so thats another factor too hope i helpedd ya out!! have funn go0o sloo0o0o0o0wwww believe me it helpss..