The ex before the ex???

I had that situation happen. This ex was actually an ex from like 7 years ago...She had cheated on me back then and left me for some * * * * * * * that used her for her looks. But she paid the price for it and had bad luck in relationships for a long time; she still does. Anyways...we eventually became friends somewhere along those lines and talk on facebook every now and then. Knowing that she is one of my most attractive ex's I had her help me out to make my current ex jealous by posting stuff on my wall about hanging out. In the end it didnt help me exactly cuz my ex is too immature and stupid, but it certainly made her jealous!

I actually have been in this situation twice.

My first love popped into my life during the break-up with the ex before this ex.

He had cheated on me several times and we had had a very destructive relationship (so destructive I moved 6000 miles away) we had not seen each other in five years and he ended up on the island on vacation and I ran into him at a cafe. He actually helped me a lot through that break-up as a friend, at one point he said he still loved me I could not go there because my feelings for my ex were still very strong.

Now during this break-up both of these exes are in my life. first ex is going through a break-up as well and we have been talking (he lives on the mainland), he says he has always loved me and has never felt the way he felt about with anyone else. I will always love him and when we were good we were good, but I know we would never work.

My other ex has been a wonderful friend to me through the years ( we had a mutual break-up due to us being long distance for several months). He had actually called me the night my current ex broke up with me, and talked to me all night until I fell asleep. He checks on me often and has also said he has never found anyone like me and always regrets that we couldn't make it work, I always thought he was the one we have a connection I have never had with anyone else.

The exes before the ex has given me some validation in knowing that after so many years these guys still care and made me understand that I am not the kind of girl that can be easily replaced.

I am not sure what you should do,I guess it depends on what your relationship was like and if you are only considering this for some sort of comfort.

Yeah! I was heartbroken over the ex before the ex three summers ago. Then the ex came along. I didn't see the ex before the ex or talk to him at all for almost two years.

One day when current ex and I were in BU#3, I ran into him. Then I heard from friends he was going through the same thing. Then I ran into him again. And again. I thought about calling him but someone mentioned that may not be a good idea since we were both in pain, so I went with their advice.

Then the ex and I get back, I see the ex before the ex another time or two, and current ex and I break up again for good. I have seen the ex before the ex a few times since then. (One time have I wanted to punch him in the face, but that was triggered by feelings of pain from the current ex.) Now when I see him it actually feels kind of nice. We talk easily, and all the weirdness and hard feelings are gone.

Sometimes I want to call him up and, you know, take advantage of the situation so I can feel better, but that wouldn't solve anything and has "bad idea" written all over it. So I stay away. It is nice to see him, though.

I have been in touch with a previous ex randomly throughout the years here and there. Contact was VERY sporadic. Now, the contact seems to be more frequent and we have hung out twice in the months since my recent ex and I split.

Nothing for me to entertain - Not interested LOl. But we do have good talks.

Archived