I can't seem to work up enough courage to ask anyone out even if i know that they like me back. I always think that they're just lying to embarrass me because i don't think that they would actually like me. i don't know how i can gain enough confindence to ask girls out or even talk to them. If anyone has any advice for me please right, thanks.

Your like I was your age, or at least to some degree. If girls are telling you that they like you, they probably do, especially at your age. Realize, that they are taking quite a bold step by telling you that themself, or even having a friend do it. What I have realized over time, is the best thing to do is kind of...motivate yourself. You've got to find something to give you the confidence to just go ahead and ask.

So here are what I would suggest:

1) Ask them if they'd just like to hang out sometime.

2) Ask them to a movie.

3) If they've got, or you do, some kind of athletic or other type of performance, offer to go, or ask if they are interested in coming to see you.

Just remember the basics, be casual, be confident, give her a smile, a wink, and don't try and be someone else.

I can't seem to work up enough courage to ask anyone out even if i know that they like me back. I always think that they're just lying to embarrass me because i don't think that they would actually like me. i don't know how i can gain enough confindence to ask girls out or even talk to them. If anyone has any advice for me please right, thanks.

Do you analyze everything about your life? Suffer from negitivity? Feel that simple task are too difficult for you and always will be? Do you like yourself?

Well, I speak from experience because I have suffered from the same problem. You just need some good self-esteeme is all. I mean, besides being slightly manipulative at times, girls can be really really fun to be around, and when you are loving yourself and enjoying life is when they want to be around you the most.

Follow this link and the go out and rent a movie called "the Tao of Steve."

It will help you to get into the right mindset for approaching girls.

link removed

Hero_99

I think that particular article you linked is alright, but I read some of the other stuff on that site and I can tell you it's a lot of BS. Most of the posts there aren't any less misleading than arrogant guy-locker-room talk. Just thought I'd mention it.

I'm a guy, and I'm not a pro-womanright activist or anything close to that sort, but even that I find the materials on that site offensive.

I can't seem to work up enough courage to ask anyone out even if i know that they like me back. I always think that they're just lying to embarrass me because i don't think that they would actually like me. i don't know how i can gain enough confindence to ask girls out.

This has been a probelm of mine since I can remember. I'm going to be 17 in the next couple of months.

I find my greatest enemy is myself. I am sure there are other factors(which I bet I could discuss in great length, but I won't) that contribute to my problem, but it still doesn't take away myself from the equation. I sometimes see signs that most guys would take as "she likes me", and just ignore them. I can't possibly think that a girl would ever really like me(one bad exeperience which still puzzles me). I just think they are being nice to me, and they could not possibly want anything more of me than friendship.

And that's about as far as they go, friendship. "Always the friend, never the boyfriend". I have a bad self image of myself, but it doesn't come without it's merits. It was tough being an "early bloomer". I started shaving with an electric shaver in 7th grade. I used a regulary one in 8th grade. I used to always be the tallest, but I'm now at the age where everyone is catching up, has caught up, or has surpassed me. It's just weird talking having to look up to a guy for the past 3 years you've always had to look down to talk to.

I am also overweight(thought currently I have lost over 30 pounds). Not easy not being the biggest kid when your overweight and tall. i surely wasn't the fattest, and I wasn't near the lest atheltic, I played soccer for a good number of years and could run and play with the best of them. Even now people get surprized that someone like me can keep up, but I'm not the same person I once was as I no longer play soccer.

I don't consider myself hideous, but I don't consider myself attarctive either. But I do seem to have a good personality, and maybe some luck. Throughout elementary and middle school, and ofr the most part high school, I wasn't "popular", but people knew me you know. I was mostly friendly to everyone. I could basically talk to anyone. That hot girl the whole hetrosexual male population at school likes but are sometimes afraid to talk to, i would be able to talk to. But Now it seem the games have chnaged back then I was comfortable talkign to that hot girl, I knew deep down there was no chance she could ever like me. Even now with my insecurites and doubts, there's this little voice saying "hey, maybe she might like you". I'm still able to talk to her, but then not the same as i was once able to.

Dam it, I did go into some of the factors. sorry. Stopping as to not go any deeper. Yes, there are many other layers.

• 2 weeks later...