What's your opinion about virginity?

I'm a virgin guy, and I've always had virgin girlfriends. So, I was curious about:

What do virgin guys think about non-virgin girls? and What do virgin girls think about non-virgin guys? Are you suspicious about them? I'm curious about what would happen if I lost my virginity (not like I'm trying to loose it ASAP b/c I'm really just waiting for "the one") and kept meeting virgin girls... Oh, and last but not least, do non-virgin girls think that virgin guys (even if they've had girlfriends) are losers?

Well, Its been a long time for me, I was 16, she was 21, I didn't tell her I was a virgin, not sure if she knew or not, I thought I did pretty well.

she said i was good, so that was a good confidence boost specially from an "older woman".

I guess it really depends on the person, some virgin girls will prefer to be with an experienced guy, others will prefer another virgin and vice versa.

With experienced guys and girls, many of them get turned on by the idea of being the "instructor" for some young virgin. I have been in that position twice, it wasn't that much fun, more like a chore but i guess the knowledge that I introduced those things to two women, and that I will always remembered as their first is a bit of a trip.

So if your a Virgin, don't sweat it, when you have a girl fall in love with you for who you are she wont care about your past, and you wont care about hers, because whats important is how you are with each other right now!

I was a virgin before meeting my boyfriend, who was not a virgin. We didn't start having sex until 1 1/2 years into our relationship.. I was hurt that he was not a virgin because I wanted my first time to be special. I figured that since he had already had sex, then it wouldn't be so special for him. I realized later that I wasn't part of his life back then & his ex girlfriend was, & I'm sure she meant a lot to him at the time. He was so upset when he told me though, he was saying how he regretted it after meeting me & wished that I could be his first.

Basically I don't think that virgin guys are losers or whatever, even if they have had girlfriends. It just shows that they care & think about what they want. Just because you haven't had sex in your life does not make you less of an awesome person, you just need to be proud. I mean, if a guy was walking around saying "I hate that I'm a virgin, I want to have sex as soon as possible because all my friends are no longer virgins & I hate being the last one". Thats kind of horrible & totally a turn off. He should be proud that he's waited & not care what others are doing & do what he feels is right, not just because his friends are doing it.

I don't think its horrible not to be a virgin either. If it was a boyfriend, like in my case, I would be a little disappointed, just because I wished it would have been his first time as well, just to make it all that much more special. I loved my boyfriend though, so its not like I should have made a big deal out of it, he can't take back what he did with an ex, so what's the point in getting upset over it?

I guess it kind of depends upon what you mean by loser, I think that you are missing out on something that can make you extremely happy and satisfied in a relaionship. I wonder if you would reject a girl or make her feel unwanted if she were a non-virgin.

It is great to be conservative as long as it makes YOU happy!! Put yourself first for a little while and don't worry what others think of you so much and see if that changes things about you, that you didn't know were wrong....

Just a thought !!

My virginity was everything to me, i remember that even though i had boyfriend speak about sex i needed a feeling, and i knew id feel it straight off that would lead to such an experiance, i wasnt about to loose it willingly, does that make sense? maybe willingly is the wrong word, i mean simply.

but then i was with this one man, well i still am, so that shows something, by which i lost my virginity, and i guess it did matter to some degree about whether they were a virgin or not, mainly because you didnt want to be used etc but i didnt feel that, i took all the precautions, and i felt as if this was right, you know? i didnt feel as if i was doing any wrong, it felt great despite every minute being pain.

i remember that day easily though, the way he looked after me and even though not prepared he fit the role well of taking care you know? but i remember meeting him the next day and it was then i knew i had done the right thing.

so my virginity did mean alot and im proud of loosing it to who i did.

just thought id say that.

kel

Hey neva_black_n_white,

I think your story has a big meaning. I also think people should think about it before doing something they will regret later. It should always be like your case, you know. That's why, like I said, I'm still waiting for "the one". I know there's no perfect girl, but I'm looking for one that understands me well and is honest and loyal (of course I would be loyal and honest too as well as understanding). You know, one that is willing to share everything with me, and that believes in me. One that thinks about a future with "us" instead of just "her". Well, I guess that's enough about my special dream girl... You know, the one that I would picture being the rest of my life with.

Well, I'm a virgin. In fact I'm a virgin to everything, including all forms of intimacy. I'd have to say that it really just depends on the person. I'm not looking for someone with who is/isn't experienced, I'm looking for the personality and the love, and the connection. I'll know who to lose my virginity to when I find him.

Fundamental - i appreciate what you said and thought it was very nice of you to comment, im glad that you feel everyone should cherish it the way i did. well im glad i thought of it that way, i can remember the build up the day and every moment of it. and i think its the great that his views of sex still remain of high status despite loosing his virginity, if you know what i mean? i mean some people often see it as, theyve had one so why bother as to what it means now, but i glad me and my boyfriend feel the same way and have the same meaning, its still something precious.

well thats my point of view. and i deffinitley respect you for remaining a virgin and treasuring it the way you do, you deserve your dream girl.

kel

• 2 weeks later...

well the virginity thing really doesnt matter. me being a young teenage girl, i would want to be with someone whos a virgin, first of all for the safety of stds, as well, i would prefer not to be compared to anyone. but it doesn't really matter. if the guy wasnt a virgin, he knows what he's doing. theres pros to both. no cons lol just pros.

virgin: wont be compared to anyone, its special for the other person because im their first, the idea of stds and such are not as much of a concern in my head.

not a virgin: they know what they're doing, for guys it takes away the fact that hes going to hurt the girl.

so either way it doesn't matter, i dont think gender has much to do with preference, i think it really is personal, this one just cant be generalized

I'm sort of half and half on the subject. I was raised in a Christian home, so I was always taught that sex outside of marriage was bad. I was actually scared of it for a long time. I lost my virginity when I was 17. He was a virgin too, so we were pretty much just guessing. Looking back on it now, I realize how awkward and unrewarding the whole experience was. It wasn't even pleasurable for either of us, but hey! It was sex right? Being outside of that relationship, I realize that sex really is hyped, and it's not at all like what people tell you. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that one bad experience has turned me off to sex. I guess now that I've had GOOD experiences with my current boyfriend, who has already had some experience, I have something to weigh it against.

I think I prefer being with a guy who has at least a little idea of what he's doing. It's much more pleasurable that way. But on the other hand, I don't want a guy who's had a lot of girls. I'd be even more self-conscious than I already am, worried about whether or not I'll measure up!

I don't think that anyone who keeps their virginity is a loser. I think they are very strong. Some people assume that people are still virgins because they can't get anyone to sleep with them. But that's what prostitutes are for, right? It takes a lot of will power and plenty of courage to hold onto something so important.