So healing has started, but now im scared at one thought.

Ok after confirming my ex fiance is with someone I have been able to move a bit more in the right direction. Dont get me wrong, it still hurts but not as bad. I guess reality kinda forces you to let go of alot. What I do know about the "new guy" is that he has come into her work and asked her out several times after our split. I know this because my brothers wife is her best friend and 3 days after we split she was promoted to a new store. This guy works in the building next door. Anyway, my ex has a baby. 2yr 4months old. I love that little girl like she was my own and have been her only father figure. As a man i know it is difficult for alot of men to take on someone elses child. Honestly if I hadnt dated my ex years before and was still in love with her when we got back together I dont know how open i would have been to the thought of taking on that role. I am so glad I did. Part of the reason if not the majority of why it hurts so bad. I guess now that im starting to move forward im afraid this other guy wont work out, or want to deal with the child. After this she will come looking for me. It scares me because i dont know what i will do at that point. Take her back or not. What do you people think about this. Is this possible or am i afraid for nothing?

Archived