I love her but she won't stop cutting

i'm not quite sure what to tell you because i've never known anyone that did that sort of thing. i think the best thing you can do for your friend is to let them know how much you care & how much it hurts you to know that they do this to themselves.

this may be drastic, but if it gets really serious, you might want to let a family member of theirs know.

you need to have them know 100% that you care & that you have good intentions, they need to 100% trust you - basically you need to sit them down and have a very deep, honest discussion. don't let them give you partial or bullcrap answers...kind of act like a therapist. there is a deep down core issue that is causing them pain...if you can find out what that is, at that point, you can take some corrective measures to get them to stop.

Be gentle. Thats how you have to go about this. I don't know what else to say, seeing as I haven't ever really helped someone stop, I do it myself. So.

Here is a website that may help you with trying to help your friend.

link removed

• 2 weeks later...

I think she is doing better but i am not sure becuz i am not able to see all of her body. I tryed some of the advice ppl gave me and it worked or seemed like it did. But yesterday I went over to her house but she wasnt home. naturally, I went into her room to see if she was in there like she usually is. She had notebook and sketchbook paper and books strewn out all over the floor, clothes everywhere. Some of them had blood on them. Alot of the paper had either blood(atleast it really really resembled it) or red paint/marker on them in designs of cuts and stuff. On one of her walls was blood and on the floor fairly close was blood also. I saw knives and glass and other sharp objects around with blood on them, some had fresh blood on them. blood all over her bed and sheets. I have no idea if that happened the night before that earlier that day. If it was all her blood or not. I stayed in her room for about 3 hours just waiting for her to come home, but she never did. So I left, On my way out i saw a sumthin run toward the house and into it. So I went to the place where she loves to spend time when she is depressed or sumthin. I saw blood there too. I have no idea what happened and i cant get ahold of her. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

i think you just need to do what you did before. just sit down with her, and talk to her. tell her that you love her, and truly care for her, and only want to help her, etc. well, that would be my suggestion anyway.

as well, something that would help for me (as i cut), is to talk to a friend instead of cutting. so perhaps, you should get her to promise to call you first? i dunno, i just think that may help.

~Aleksey

i used to cut myself...it was never that bad, but it scared my boyfriend, and he kept making me promise i wouldn't do it. so the next time i attempted to do it, i thought about my promises, and i decided not to do it. but it was only because i really really love him. that's really the only thing that's stopped me from doing it many times since.

i dont know how this will help you, but i thought i'd let people know that not everyone keeps doing it their whole life, that people can stop, if they have a really good motivation...maybe you just have to help your friend find a reason to live and stop hurting herself...