Restraining order?

shygrl

If you are a risk to the other person then they are entitled to one..A judge won't grant a restraining order based on nothing.

More details would be helpful but I believe you can go to the restraining order hearing and plead your case to the judge? Tell him you won't bother this person anymore.

If you are served with a restraining order you are entitled to a hearing to present your side of the story. Yet I must tell you that the burden of proof for granting a restraining order is extraordinarily low. Because it's technically not a criminal conviction, judges tend to grant these if there's even a hint that the person may present a problem.

and I went a little overboard

What do you mean by this?

Criminal record= no jobs=life on the streets= death anyway

Untrue. Plus a restraining order does not give you a criminal record. It is a civil matter.

You would find out if he filed it because you would be served with papers from the court notifying you of a hearing date.

Oh are you saying it doesn't affect employment?

Well I didn't say that. Some employers check for things like this if you would have contact with children or some type of social service. Other employers only care about a criminal history and in that case a restraining order wouldn't show.

I don't know what the chances are he will actually file. If you leave him totally alone then the chances are better he won't do anything. But if you contact him again, the chances rise dramatically that he may feel threatened.

Honestly I don't blame you. If someone gave me an STD such as Herpes I'd go apes**** on them. I would harass them, tell everyone about it, AND tell anyone I know who is dating them. Simply because they FAILED to inform me. I also would be curious about what other things they may have given me. Herpes is one of those STDS that can be painful and pretty awful and it isn't something that I would take lightly, so your actions as crazy as they may be are warranted. and he's a jerk to think that you shouldn't be upset.

For now cease contact. But if you know anyone dating this man then please inform them because I doubt he will.

Good luck.

Archived