An innocent email from the ex, but why is she contacting me?

So, my LDR ex sent me an email today. We've been broken up since February, a pretty long time. Since May, we've been having some low contact. However, she has a new boyfriend so there's not much chance for me (that, coupled with the distance). I decided to go back to no contact so as to continue the healing process.

I wonder why she would contact me if she knows I'm still in love with her (which she definitely does). What do you guys think?

FYI I'm from Chapel Hill, home of the Tarheels. She's Australian.

Her email:

"I was at the record store the other week rifling through the racks of vinyl, when the first record to catch my eye has the words 'Produce of North Carolina' on the front. I turn it over and written is 'Merge Records - PO Box 1235 Chapel Hill, NC, 27514'.

Naturally, I had to buy it. And thankfully, I do like it. I found the clip to Tragic Carpet Ride on youtube and thought it pretty cool. You no doubt, know of this band..

I just had to share - as it's a bit.. what's the word? Incredulous, ironic and funny.

Hope all's well."

Maybe she is having relationship troubles and is looking for validation that she is still wanted, needs a self esteem boost.

Maybe she is feeling guilty about the break up.

Maybe she just thought it was just so icnredulous, ironic and funny that she had to share it with someone, and it wouldn't be quite as interesting to share it with a fellow Aussie.

I'd try not to read too much into it, the possibilities as to "why" are endless, but will get you no where in the end.

I agree with deucesarewild. My Ex did the same thing by sending an email where she wanted to return my stuff. When I decided to make it easier for her by meeting up and taking the stuff away she just didn't show up.

I guess your Ex is trying to confirm that she still has you available to fall back on. But LDR is tough...Is her new BF local?

Maybe she is having relationship troubles and is looking for validation that she is still wanted, needs a self esteem boost.

Maybe she just thought it was just so icnredulous, ironic and funny that she had to share it with someone, and it wouldn't be quite as interesting to share it with a fellow Aussie.

I'd try not to read too much into it, the possibilities as to "why" are endless, but will get you no where in the end.

Yeah, I'm trying not to think too much about it. It's a nice email though. At least I know I'm still on her mind, because there's no other reason to impulse buy an LP just because it's from my hometown.

hurt2healthy, her new boyfriend is definitely local. But our short lived romance was very intense, the kind that isn't experienced very often in a lifetime. Long distance kills.

Should I even care that she still thinks of me? Probably not. But I do, so whatever.

I would agree with this. Way too hard to know what she's thinking.

Archived