Given up on my sister and my family, I am so alone

I would like to think that I am a good person. I try my best with my family, help them out as often as I can but more and more recently all I end up is being upset and alone.

I live with two sisters, we live in my mum's house (she died a couple of years ago) and ever since things are just getting worse and worse. One sister, C, is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do anymore. She is 8 years younger than me but in general keeps telling me what to do and what she thinks I should do which is frustrating in itself. She pretty much talks to everyone this way but because I don't let her get away with it I always end up being the one she takes her anger and frustration out on.

C and my youngest sister A are of similar ages and are happy to swear at each other, call each other names and generally speak to each other in a way that I do not really approve of. But they are happy to have that kind of relationship so I don't get involved. But I do not want to be spoken to or treated in the same way. C does not like this and keeps saying that A is okay with this so I should be too.

I have tried talking to C about this but it does not help because she cannot see why I have a problem with it. I am aware that I can be over sensitive and have tried to change. I used to hold onto things too long and I have really worked at letting things go. C doesn't even try. Today we got into an argument and I said I was really fed up having the same argument over and over and I didn't know how to get past it - C replied 'when you say things like that it makes me want to gauge my eyes out' she also suggested that I kill myself.

We dont argue everyday but every single day she says something which is a little dig which I really try and let go but it is getting increasingly difficult. I dont understand why I am the only person who has a problem with how she talks to everyone. I really do not know what to do. All I feel is alone and paranoid. I feel like no-one cares about me. No-one comes to see if I'm okay when I'm upset. I just feel used and alone.

Does anyone have any advice?

Archived