Questions for all the girls out there....

does she seem annoyed when you call? if a girl is really annoyed with you, something tells me she would just ignore you're calls. does she call you? pausing could mean nothing at all but gathering thoughts.

my best advice would be to ask her. plain and simple. if you start feeling uncomfortable on the phone with her and there's that awkward silence, just say, "hey, i don't want you to feel obliged to talk to me. i can't help but notice we always have this awkward silence." then see where that takes you.

there's nothing worse than jumping to conclusions only to find out your conclusion was wrong. get it straight from the horses mouth.

I agree with daisies.

You could also try to ask her questions while you're on the phone, if you don't already. Sometimes people who aren't feeling engaged in the conversation just shut up, so it'll end. Are you going on and on about something she's not interested in, or doesn't know anything about? Some of the best conversations are the ones where people share things in common. Hope it all works out!

Thanks all.

well your all abit right...which is kinda scary.lol

but ya, mostly i feel now that she was just gathering her thoughts, i know she doesnt really want a bf at the moment...givin shes busy with school and getting her life together. she never sounds anoyed while on the phone, so thats a good thing...she always so happy, which is a good sign. another thing which is good, is she told me last night that talking to me relaxes her...and that she has been stayin up later just to talk to me...which is something she usaly doesnt do for guys.

anyways, everything seems to be good...and im glad i found a great friend like her..and if thats all we'll ever be im cool with that.

laters all

thanks again

I've been in that same situation before, and questions do pop up in my head, like: "Am I saying the right things? Is she bored with the conversation? With most girls, they're not going to be brutally honest and instantly say "I don't feel like talking to you on the phone. Will you please hang up?"

My advice would be to keep up with the phone conversations, but FOCUS MORE on face-to-face conversations.

• 4 weeks later...