Feeling down right now...

I guess being a holiday weekend makes it worse. I keep thinking that right now I should be with him and his family, hanging out, not siting here alone thinking about what I use to have. It's been 6 months since the break up and a week or so since we talked on IM. All I want to do is talk to him right now. I want to call him so badly. But I know that it's not going to do meany good since he's with her now and the fact that he ask me to give him space.

I know everyone around me is sick of hearing about it so Ive stopped talking about it. Is it just one of those things that you just have to fake it until you make it?! Do I just have to pretend to the outside world that e erything is fi e and soon I'll start to believe it?

I was doing ok for a few days, but I don't understand what has gotten into me today....

Rough days can catch us by surprise. It's normal to feel this way on a holiday or a "special occasion" day. Since he's asked for his space it's good that you're respecting that. As for everyone else, you don't have to fake it and you don't have to relive it with every conversation either. You can say something like, "I'm doing a little better but it still hurts" or something to acknowledge your real feelings but not hash it back out (painful!)

Best wishes.

It's just so incredibly difficult going from talking, seeing, being with someone for 8 years and then to not be able to see, talk, be with them anymore. Very, very painful right now. even though I still want to give us another chance, I thought I was on my way to letting go of the past, but it seems like I'm walking backwards right now.

When will this get better? Am I the one that's standing in my way of getting "better"??

It's just so incredibly difficult going from talking, seeing, being with someone for 8 years and then to not be able to see, talk, be with them anymore. Very, very painful right now. even though I still want to give us another chance, I thought I was on my way to letting go of the past, but it seems like I'm walking backwards right now.

When will this get better? Am I the one that's standing in my way of getting "better"??

To quote a Pink Floyd song, "steps taken forward, but sleepwalking back again. Dragged by the force of some inner tide."

You're going to get dragged back. Just when you think you have it down and you couldn't care less, one little thing, or maybe nothing, is going to send you into a cry-fest and you'll feel like you're at square one for a moment. But when it passes, you usually realize that you weren't as low as you thought.

To quote a Pink Floyd song, "steps taken forward, but sleepwalking back again. Dragged by the force of some inner tide."

You're going to get dragged back. Just when you think you have it down and you couldn't care less, one little thing, or maybe nothing, is going to send you into a cry-fest and you'll feel like you're at square one for a moment. But when it passes, you usually realize that you weren't as low as you thought.

You're right... It's not as low and it is slowly getting better.

Archived