Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Nude Beaches

Applewhite

I've been to one several times. I was very nervous about it - I was also concerned about how I was going to hide "things" if I got aroused. Happily I did not have that problem....until

I went with my g/f of the time. It was difficult to keep things "contained" shall we say lol.

What hex says is true though - the most naked are the least desired!

Plus there is the issue of the total lack of pockets while being nude...where does one put their keys?

Haha, I'm kind of intrigued by the idea. I'd try it once.... but people would need to shield their eyes.

The whole point of the nude beach is saying IDGAF and just enjoying yourself. It's really one place you aren't judged and won't judge others.

That's why I'm curious to try it. I think it would help make me more confident with my body (it took a year to let my boyfriend see my stomach)

See, I actually do understand that, because growing up, I was always told I was ugly and no one would ever want me.

Now, I have such an awesome sense of confidence. I realize that if someone is choosing to be with me, that they accept me. If they didn't, they wouldn't be there.

And if they don't accept me for who I am, then *I* don't need to be there. Once you really stop caring, it makes things so much easier.

See, I actually do understand that, because growing up, I was always told I was ugly and no one would ever want me.

Now, I have such an awesome sense of confidence. I realize that if someone is choosing to be with me, that they accept me. If they didn't, they wouldn't be there.

And if they don't accept me for who I am, then *I* don't need to be there. Once you really stop caring, it makes things so much easier.

Yeah, you're totally right about that. I'm slowly coming around to that stage.

Yeah, you're totally right about that. I'm slowly coming around to that stage.

Good. You should! You're a beautiful young woman and you should absolutely feel it in your soul and your skin.

Not feeling good inside your own body is the worst prison imaginable and I'm so glad I was able to get past it.

I really dislike my naked body. I never even get naked when I'm by myself,lol. I guess maybe going to a nude beach and seeing people showing imperfections can help my confidence.

What's honestly the worst thing that could happen if you got naked?

California would love to have you, Taikero! *gets his camera ready*

I've always wanted to visit some wineries in California, but haven't been back there for years. Last time I was there I went through the Redwood forest area up the coast.

Hmm, I should see if I can organize some time off later in the year. Could definitely have a fun road trip in California.

As for the camera, make sure you get some of my right side.

I've always wanted to visit some wineries in California, but haven't been back there for years. Last time I was there I went through the Redwood forest area up the coast.

Hmm, I should see if I can organize some time off later in the year. Could definitely have a fun road trip in California.

As for the camera, make sure you get some of my right side.

Wine country is wonderful this time of year. So supple and green. And who decides what the right side is?!

I see the things in my appearance that I don't like and they make me depressed because I feel like I'm not beautiful.

People fawning over you wouldn't fix that either. That's 100% internal and within your control. Work on yourself to be healthy, fit and active, and just accept yourself for doing your best.

when i was in mexico there was a clothing optional beach near my resort. seen alot of melons, and tanning go on which is a bi girls heaven my stomach turned a bit when the grandpas that looked like they were in their 3rd trimester with saggy *bleep* took over the beach.

i notice europeans are alot more comfortable with the idea than americans, lot of american tourists there had this look of disgust on their face.

when i was in mexico there was a clothing optional beach near my resort. seen alot of melons, and tanning go on which is a bi girls heaven my stomach turned a bit when the grandpas that looked like they were in their 3rd trimester with saggy *bleep* took over the beach.

i notice europeans are alot more comfortable with the idea than americans, lot of american tourists there had this look of disgust on their face.

Americans are taught to be ashamed of their body and that nudity is repellant. We're such a hypocritical, stuffy culture compared with the rest of the world.

I went to one in Spain and it was a great experience for me and taught me a little about myself (a. that I'm way too hard on my looks and b. use lots of sun screen!! Ouch!!) On that trip I did the nude beach and also went skinny dipping with some friends for the first time just to be able to say I've done those things.

People fawning over you wouldn't fix that either. That's 100% internal and within your control. Work on yourself to be healthy, fit and active, and just accept yourself for doing your best.

You might be right. But even if you are happy, people can still make fun of you. I'm sure those naked people at beaches are happy about themselves, and that doesn't stop us from thinking that they are ugly and how we would rather not see them naked.

Archived