Do I look better with short hair or with long hair?

LightbulbSun

This is a question that I've been pondering for a while...do I look better with short hair, or with long hair?

I've had better responses from girls with long hair, and I think I look like a little kid with short hair (or at least younger than 27, I still look young with long hair.) However, I want the opinions of girls on this forum.

Also, please don't say I'm ugly or a monster. I've been told that before, and I'm not looking for comments on my attractiveness. I know I'm average looking. I'm just looking for comments on my hair length.

The pic with the long hair won't load on my computer.

But I agree with shuttlefish. Your face does overpower a short hair cut (there is nothing wrong with your face!) and that probably contributes to people thinking you are younger than you really are.

I am not a big fan on long hair on guys but on you, I don't like the crew cut. I think you need to grow it out just a bit more.

I'm not a fan of long hair on men, I think it takes a very unique type of man to pull it off.

The short hair could be good, the problem is you've got it flattened down, no style. Have you tried having it a little longer and spiking it up or something? It doesn't have to be either very long or very short - try inbetween and do something with it, that'd probably work more

Also - have you thought about contact lenses? Sometimes getting rid of glasses can make a difference, make you look older. Depends on the person though.

EDIT: Yeah, the Leo pic is roughly what I was thinking!

I have dry eyes syndrome, HouseKitten. I'd love to get contact lenses (I think I look so much better without my glasses), however whenever I've gotten contacts before, my eyes get so red and irritated that I can't see anything. I remember the last time I tried, 4 years ago, I walked right into a store display and spilled soda all over the floor (the people that worked there were NOT amused.)

I like the long hair, but maybe not quite as long in the back as the first picture. I think you would look good with it spiked too. It looks like you have fairly fine textured hair, so some product would probably help.

Maybe you could even try more of a Johnny Depp look...like this...

image removed

Yeah, I've heard about the 'feminizing' part before. A lot of people have mistaken me for a woman from a distance with longer hair, and then (when they get up closer), go "Oh sorry..."

I'm just going to go into my haircutting place next time and just ASK them what they can recommend. I don't want to look like a girl, but I also don't want to look like a 15 year old boy.

I have dry eyes syndrome, HouseKitten. I'd love to get contact lenses (I think I look so much better without my glasses), however whenever I've gotten contacts before, my eyes get so red and irritated that I can't see anything. I remember the last time I tried, 4 years ago, I walked right into a store display and spilled soda all over the floor (the people that worked there were NOT amused.)

Sorry...but LOL!!! lmao...that made me giggle! HA!

Something in between the two, a bit shaggier and more "bulk" on top. You have "full face" and strong jaw which overpowers a shorter haircut. So I vote for longer, but purposefully longer - ie: it is cut to be longer.

^^^

This. And if the glasses are not optional, then get some with some 'umph' to them..Bold frames...I get the desire to have them fade into the face as much as possible, but the right frames could give you a really unique look.

I would even go a little longer than the cut on Leo and go for something a little shaggier like this link removed

I just saw this post, I really like this haircut.

I'm due for a haircut soon, maybe I'll bring in this pic and ask the girl there if she can do anything with my hair like that?

I think the long is a good look. Grow some sideburns with that look. No sideburns and long hair doesn't come out great. Imo. Might want to consider a glasses change. Ever go in and just try on different frames? I could see you with either a very bold frame or rimless frames. That can 'mature' you up with a more hip pair of glasses.

Okay, so something like this?

image removed

Um. I'll take one of these. To go. Thx.

On the topic, I'd say do something a little edgy and fun. I've been rocking a faux-hawk-lite of late, and the hawk part is blonde and the rest of my hair is clipped down shorter and tapered so my hair fades from blonde into my natural brown.

It rocks!

Archived