Guys...what does it mean when you sign a card with...

LoveSoDeep

Love Always, _ Your Name_ xoxo!

Who would get this kind of card/letter from you? ie would you send this kind of greeting to a friend, your mother, a distant aunt?

I know everyone is different and that's why I ask. I just want to get a sampling of different answers from some guys b/c I'm a girl and my asnwer is probably way off base.

Yeah see I use "Love LSD" all the time with family, friends anyone who is important enough that I bought them a card.... but yes it's the "always" and the "xoxo!" that I thought made this an unusual gesture. I'm glad I'm not alone in this line of thinking.

I'd love to hear more opinions though...so keep em coming!

Love Always, _ Your Name_ xoxo!

Who would get this kind of card/letter from you? ie would you send this kind of greeting to a friend, your mother, a distant aunt?

I know everyone is different and that's why I ask. I just want to get a sampling of different answers from some guys b/c I'm a girl and my asnwer is probably way off base.

I wouldn't put any stock in it. People use the word love to mean affection and good thoughts. They don't mean it literally. Personally I don't like going to a 12 step fellowship meeting where absolutely no one knows me and when I introduce myself I get "welcome ______, love you a lot". I live in the world of show me don't tell me because I can see how fast that BS love falls away if I open my mouth and disagree with any of their dogma. They might as well say "love you a lot as long as you conform".

I wouldn't put any stock in it. People use the word love to mean affection and good thoughts. They don't mean it literally. Personally I don't like going to a 12 step fellowship meeting where absolutely no one knows me and when I introduce myself I get "welcome ______, love you a lot". I live in the world of show me don't tell me because I can see how fast that BS love falls away if I open my mouth and disagree with any of their dogma. They might as well say "love you a lot as long as you conform".

See here's the other side of this is that people do use the word love a lot. This is coming from a guy who will tell his mom and sister he loves them on the phone so he's not afraid to say the "L" word....

I guess to me it just seems a little extra mushy and I wasn't quite expecting that from him....right now....I'l take it of course!

I had this guy give me a very sweet birthday card and sign it Love and he knows that I have an interest in him. To me, if it's just a friend, I would automatically sign it love, but if there is any instance that one person or both people have other things in mind, I would put a lot of thought into using the word Love, as to not confuse any lines. I guess that's why it is probably best not to read into it, even though it may be tough, because it means different things to different people. I just never thought a friend who was a guy would sign anything other than his name.

I had this guy give me a very sweet birthday card and sign it Love and he knows that I have an interest in him. To me, if it's just a friend, I would automatically sign it love, but if there is any instance that one person or both people have other things in mind, I would put a lot of thought into using the word Love, as to not confuse any lines. I guess that's why it is probably best not to read into it, even though it may be tough, because it means different things to different people. I just never thought a friend who was a guy would sign anything other than his name.

So givinggirl, am I reading that there's a difference between whether the "L" is capital or lowercase? You girls are so complex! No wonder us guileless guys are always so profusely perplexed...

So givinggirl, am I reading that there's a difference between whether the "L" is capital or lowercase? You girls are so complex! No wonder us guileless guys are always so profusely perplexed...

No....I wasn't implying anything to do with capital or lowercase.

Thanks for all the responses.

Of course I'm not going to read too much into the signature line on a card I just wanted some opinions. I know that really eveyone is different and every situation is different and it's best to rely on actions not words. It's just fun to hear what other people would think of the situation.

Archived