I have been pondering over this for a few days now....not sure whether it's been covered on ENA so apologies if I am going over old ground, but....after a break up and you feeling utterly consumed and upset about it:

Would you feel better that you found a partner that you could be close to quickly after a break-up if deep down you knew that things really couldn't work out with your ex?

Obviously it depends on individual circumstances, but just to have that intimacy again so soon I think would certainly help me. Is that selfish to the other person you would be seeing? The classic rebound?

When a person in your life suddenly disappears, do you really miss that person or just the fact that you're alone and don't have that special contact you once had?

Interested in getting your comments

Would you feel better that you found a partner that you could be close to quickly after a break-up if deep down you knew that things really couldn't work out with your ex?

I would feel better finding someone else, but I would be a little scared if I felt I found someone 'too quickly' which depends on how long and/or serious the prior relationship was.

Obviously it depends on individual circumstances, but just to have that intimacy again so soon I think would certainly help me. Is that selfish to the other person you would be seeing? The classic rebound?

The term rebound is something that I think people use as a nasty term for the ex's new partner.

When a person in your life suddenly disappears, do you really miss that person or just the fact that you're alone and don't have that special contact you once had?

This is a situation many people find themselves in. I like to think that I miss the person, and not necessarily the relationship, but I have questioned myself before.

No. Especially if I'm not over them yet. I need time to grieve and heal before I could date again.

It's band-aid remedy. lol. It's not selfish, as long as you are honest with your new partner that you might be on a rebound since you're not entirely over your ex(I know it won't sound too appealing, but the truth is best to be told for this matter! that way they won't have too much expectations about the relationship )

Hmm... A little bit of both

Archived