adiaa Posted May 9, 2010 Share Posted May 9, 2010 I'm dating a guy. He's great for the most part and everything seems to be going well. He's 27 years old, by the way. We live a few hours away from one another and therefore only see each other on weekends. It's only been a few months and last week I went to stay at his house for the first time. Here's the thing: up until this point, though he hasn't mentioned it, I've had reason to believe he lives with his parents. I'm sure he hasn't said anything because he's embarassed by that and wants to continue to impress me. He went away to college and has in fact lived away from home, but his parents live where he works and I'm sure he lives there to save money. It really doesn't bother me that much, even though, like I said, I'm not even sure he really does, but I'm fairly sure. The problem: he invited me last week to come to come visit him in his town, which I did. When it got late, he took me back to "his house." For several reasons, I'm 99 percent sure this was a lie. I'm pretty sure it wasn't his house, but a friend's. Essentially, it seems to me like he "borrowed" a friend's house to pass off on his own so that we didn't need to go back to where he really lives (with his parents). I didn't say anything because I was kind of trying to figure out if it was really happening. This is completely psychotic of him, right? But how do I broach this subject to make sure I'm right? I don't know how to say "Are you lying about where you actually live?" How in the world do I find out the truth -- because, of course, if in the 1% chance I'm wrong about this -- it will be kind of horrible. But, like I said, I'm 99% that he: 1) actually lives with his parents 2) brought me to a friend's house and passed it off as his and 3) therefore lied to me about a very strange thing. It all feels very very creepy to me. Number one would NOT have been a problem if he'd been honest and didn't pull this nonsense. What would you do?? Link to comment
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.