If you think there is no end in sight, keep going!

I remember how awful and depressed and sad I felt after the break up with my first love, a relationship that lasted 5 months. I received encouragement from friends and fellow posters here on ENA, and since the break up at the end of February, I have healed quite a bit, and even briefly dated a girl from school.

I know it may seem like things will never get better, but they will. If you think there is no end in sight, keep going, keep your head up. These awful feelings will pass in time, especially when you are at a distance from your ex.

So, I know what it feels like (and I'm sure many people on this board know it as well) to have your heart broken. Use the power you have to change yourself for the better and reclaim yourself. Healing takes time. You just have to assure yourself that the restlessness you feel now will come to pass. Meet new people, focus on your passion in life, ask a friend to hang out, be persistent. All these things greatly help.

Hang in there, those of you who are recently going through a break up. I've experienced it twice in less than a year.

I've decided that if he broke my heart I was going to quit dating. Life isn't worth getting my heart broken again. Some of us will never find anyone so why try? It'll only happen again because yes, some of us aren't meant to be alone. I know someone will say that's negative, but stating it like it is. Getting my heart broken in my teens and 20's is one thing, getting it broken at 39 is evil and I would never do it to anyone, so I won't let them do it to me either.

you won't quit newwave cause you always found love after all your other break ups. it seems so daunting putting so much time into all these different people and relationships. but what does not kill us makes us stronger. each new relationship bring you closer to the person who will not let you down.

be strong and hopeful newwave!

you won't quit newwave cause you always found love after all your other break ups. it seems so daunting putting so much time into all these different people and relationships. but what does not kill us makes us stronger. each new relationship bring you closer to the person who will not let you down.

Perhaps you are right. I guess time will tell.

Even if he's not right, this is a better way to think no..?

There's probably good things about being single and alone, but I think by nature we are designed to find and explore partnerships....

And newwave, at least we get to experience all those 'new love' feelings again....My ex is a year into her new RS so thats one thing I got over her! lol

I'm 41 and I got absolutely smashed, lost everything....But Im certainly ready to go again now, but this time armed with a whole new understanding of myself and also RS and BU dynamics....

Thanks for a nice feel good post too EG*

Regards

K2*

Archived