Has anybody experienced this?

I spoke to my ex-girlfriend last night. During our conversation she made mention of me being her boyfriend. I did not mention anything about her comment because the conversation was over the phone. I did not want any of my words to be misunderstood. I wanted to tell her that she can not call me such things in our current state. I am going to see her this weekend and am debating if I should bring the topic up or wait to see if she makes such comments again.

I also am looking for advice on how to ease back into the relationship if this possibility presents itself. I know that I don't want to rush into things and pretend the breakup did not happen. Please help me with suggestions on how to become a couple again. What has and has not worked in the past for you?

Analyze why you broke up in the first place. Now, its going to be BOTH of your faults... maybe not 50/50, but the blame is on both sides. Now, if the reason for your breakup had to do with issues you were projecting, or a reaction to something yuor ex did that you did'nt like then you need to give time to that person and make them understand that they need to change their ways. ALso, you need to change some ways you may have reacted or done to cause problems. This takes time and communciation to talk about. You must discuss this with eachother and give time to resolve before giving the relationship a second go.

The break up was to brought on by her need for space. I have done everything I can to give her that space. I would love nothing more than for us to work out, but with her needing space I feel like I am walking on a tight rope everytime we talk. I don't want her to feel I'm invading the space she so desperately needed. She has not given me any signs that she is ready to be a couple again other than possible hints. Saying things like I am the love of her life and last night calling me her boyfriend.

How does one balance being in a relationship and making sure not to smother the other partner?

• 1 year later...