I hate dating!!!

VtecQueen

I've been single for the past 2 years. I've taken the time to learn about myself and love me for me. I've been on a lot of dates recently tho and I haven't had any luck what so ever.

I'll meet a guy, we will talk (text/call) for awhile then we will meet up or go out. We'll talk a bit after that but it always falls appart soon after. I really don't know what to do after the 1st date! I figure if the guy is into me he will call and all that, but I seem to be the one doing all the calling. I figure if a guy wants to get to know you he will put forth some effort. But if he doesn't I just delete them from my phone.

So now there's this guy that I'm REALLY feeling and idk what to do! He works a lot so in the beginning we didn't talk a great deal, so after meeting up its been pretty much the same. So idk if he's feeling me or not. Guess I may have to delete him too.

What am I doing wrong??

You don't show him your VTEC on the first date, do you?

Maybe you just go for a specific type of guy that's usually aloof. What kinds of guys are you going after?

My thoughts exactly (not the VTEC part...reminded me of Honda-Tech), it's hard to tell without knowing what type of guy you're going for and what you're like.

Also let the guy initiate contact after the date if you're always the one to start.

Well with dating I think it is important to establish what is acceptable behavior and what isnt. I think this is a complicated situation because a lot of factors come into play. For example, the OP hasnt told us who initiated the contact.

Dating is about finding a person that you want to be in a relationship and that person wanting to be in a relationship with. Dating isnt about the instant gratification of landing the person that you want.

If you want a guy that is going to do the majority of the calling or communicating then dont accept a date from a guy who doesnt meet that expectation.

I like guys that have a lot going for themselves. Educated and has goals. No kids and a car lol. I have all the above I'm goofy and laid back. I just want my compliment.

I attract the opposite. And the type of guy I like rarely has time to talk to me cuz he's at work or busy. But I figured he would make time for me if he liked me. I'm just tired of waiting and dating. The guys that like me I don't like them cuz they either come on too hard or have kids and no car.

Maybe you rev up too quick to 9k on your first few dates Vtecqueen.. What I'm trying to say is take it slow, show some interest and let the guy chase you if he's interested.
You know....I think that is my problem!!! I guess I need to work on it. I hope I didn't run this guy away already!!

I live south of Atlanta. Things are pretty spread out, with only 1 bus system in the downtown area.

I agree... dating sucks. But you have to do it, and don't get too down on the ones that go wrong. Most dates result in nothing... that's normal. Maybe the trick is to just go in and hope that you have fun on a date.. if it leads to more then great. But I think it just takes a lot of dates til you find the one.

You know....I think that is my problem!!! I guess I need to work on it. I hope I didn't run this guy away already!!

I live south of Atlanta. Things are pretty spread out, with only 1 bus system in the downtown area.

That explains a lot. I've seen the guys south of Atlanta...the ones that hang out at that movie theater near the Mt. Zion exit. Move north of the city...Alpharetta, Norcross, Roswell, etc.

That explains a lot. I've seen the guys south of Atlanta...the ones that hang out at that movie theater near the Mt. Zion exit. Move north of the city...Alpharetta, Norcross, Roswell, etc.
Yeah I live off Mt Zion HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Most of the guys that come to me live by Cumberland Mall though. I NEVER go on that side of town. Maybe I should hang out more up north tho. *sigh*
Yeah I live off Mt Zion HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Most of the guys that come to me live by Cumberland Mall though. I NEVER go on that side of town. Maybe I should hang out more up north tho. *sigh*

Heh... that explains it. Where are you meeting the guys near Cumberland Mall? Plentyoffish? If so, that site can be really sketch.

Heh... that explains it. Where are you meeting the guys near Cumberland Mall? Plentyoffish? If so, that site can be really sketch.
OMG!!! Who are you?! How do you know all this!! hahaha. Yes that's where I've been meeting All these guys!! All these dates FAIL....nothing ever happens and I'm tired of going on them. Tired of disappointment.
OMG!!! Who are you?! How do you know all this!! hahaha. Yes that's where I've been meeting All these guys!! All these dates FAIL....nothing ever happens and I'm tired of going on them. Tired of disappointment.

Eh, just deductive reasoning. Sketch guys south of Atlanta = Mt. Zion. Meeting guys all the way up near Cumberland Mall = POF or Craigslist, but I judged you too intelligent for CL.

When I was making my POF profile, I would look through the other guys profiles to see my competition. After looking at about a dozen or so, I said, "Man, I feel so bad for women."

Archived