XXBF DUMPING GF-- A possiblity for 2nd chance for ME?

Hi all-- a new update in the world of SuperGirl.

My XXBF, as you all know-- has had a GF for a little over 2 months now. Meanwhile, he's been hanging out with me, and we practically are in the "dating" scene together. Over the course of a month with him, I've noticed a lot of change. She's in town for the summer from college, and he sees her less now than ever.. She's very religious, co-dependant on her family, and moreover, hides their entire relationship from her family because she's afraid they'll find out she's dating him. According to him, in 2 months, they have yet to go on a REAL date that she hasn't cancelled out on, or given him a time restriction.

Then something happened....

Just in the past few days, he's done a complete turn around. He admitted to me that he wants to end the relationship with her, but he knows that she's head-over-heels-- he desperately wants to break it off, but he doesn't want to hurt her. I've explained that there is no easy way to do such a thing. He has reinterated that he's dumping her for his own reason, and they have nothing to do with me or the time we spend together.

Apparently, yesterday they hung out-- He called her, and she said that she was busy all afternoon... and then just hung up! I guess she called back and said that she made her father lunch and dinner and that she had 1pm-6pm to hang out. Adam asked her "..so that was your 'i'm busy all afternoon' was just making your Dad something to eat?" She said yes. So they went to lunch, and saw Shrek 2. Adam told me that he was getting annoyed with her presense because she "dresses and acts like a child"-- explaining the miniature Tonka truck lunch-pale she brought to the movie serving as her "purse"---?? I mean, common! The thought of her mentality alone annoys even ME.

So anyways, I guess their 'time' was up- and he headed home. I called him and asked him what he was up to, and if he wanted to grab something to eat. So we went out, and thats when we talked about it. He told me he was scared to tell her, but he KNOWS he has to do it because its not being fair to him or her.

I really was at a loss for words. I tried to give neutral advice and not come off so pushy or one-sided about the whole thing. We went back to his apartment, where I hung out with him and his roomie.. and the phone rang -- it was her. He told her that he was busy, and that he couldn't talk now. We ended up just watching TV.. but I know his mind was on it, because he had that contemplative look on his face.

When he walked me out, I put my arm around him (like a friend would) and said it would be ok, that he would figure it out... and I left it at that. I kept it pretty cut-and-dry... Apparently, she is going on a month retreat with her church to be a guidance counselor at one of the camps up north.. He knows it would be ideal to end it with her before she goes on retreat.

I think that I've given him enough space, but I think more is needed... Any predictions or suggestions for this superhero?

I would put money on the idea that when he dumps her he is going to try and pick you back up, now, for what reason, i dont know. maybe for a quick one time or maybe he wants you back. Depending on what your willing to risk, you can hang around and find out or make sure that he knows you only want to be his friend. that is up to you though and remember he hurt you once, it only gets easier from there.

You know... now you have me thinking. Why is your name trueheart, when it should be supergirl? I mean, your avatar is of supergirl, you call yourself supergirl... I just dont get it. Maybe its just me.

Anyways, I wasnt too optimistic about the situation at 1st. But now, I really do believe that you two will in fact get back together. These updates just give more and more insight about how your ex feels about you. It looks like its just a matter of time.

Indeed, gentlemen. She's the one whose confused him. I can see that too! Even though its a matter of time, I'm am remaining everlastingly patient. I want to make sure that if he does want me back, its for good-- and I'm not the rebound this time... He seems pretty determined, and because I know him-- I know he is determined.

The situation changes everyday. I know things might get worse before they get better. Mmm..

Oh, and about the SuperGirl thing: Heh heh, yes I do love Superman, the avatar and references do show.. I wanted a user name that was more appropriate I guess for the forum... TrueHeart, since I believe in a true heart and true feelings, seemed to fit. Thanks again xxatti--

I've been wondering things myself with the whole scenerio. She's hurt him by hiding their relationship when she doesn't need to. He doesn't understand it because when you love someone, you should be proud to claim them as your own, no matter what.... He loves like I do, with his WHOLE heart-- so for this reason, above all, she annoys him.. because her actions are not a true representation of how someone is suppose to love unconditionally.