boyfriend not showing his emotions..?

lalarose

Heyy its been 8 months im with my bf . We separated for 7 months because i broke up because i felt it didnt work out ans then he came back because he said he loved me 4 ever and missed me. He isnt the guy that will show his emotions and that is the main reason why i broke up because i didnt feel like he loved me. I also see that when hes drunk, thats when he will really tell me how he feels and he will always be after me And all. Is he like that because he's uncomfortable? Or what do you think? I am confused :s

Some people never learned or grew up in an environment that wasn't allowed their emotions to be shown openly. It does make them feel uncomfortable in that sense. But also those people can show love in different ways as well by actions.

In a relationship situation of course this could be a problem especially if two people are completely different in that aspect and have conflicts from miscommunication and misunderstanding.

yeaa.. sometimes i dont really understand.. but should i talk to him about that? we only see each other 1x a week and dont really talk on the phone ..

You should but he is the only person that can make that effort, not changing for you but become better at communicating. It will take time and patience on your part.

okay but its better that i talk to him about it or just let it like that without telling him? Maybe i should make the first move and go to him and really show him that he can show me his emotions because i really love him and i feel like he's maybe afraid to show me

That's men. Society tells men that they can't be sensitive, have emotions or show there emotions. Otherwise they're "gay". Give him time. You haven't seen in a relationship all that long and it can take some time for men to be completely open with their partner. It took my boyfriend almost 3 years to be totally open with me.

Archived