1st date problem b4 its happened, lol

mrvaughn

Met a girl @ the weekend. Met her in a bar & we hit it off pretty well & before even the end of the night we were arranging to go on a date.

She suggested going for a drink and a movie. I said that would be fine but there was this great restaurant that i new of that would be a great place to get something to eat instead.

So now i've realised that I don't get paid for another week

What do I do? Should I just tell het that I shold have checked I had the cash to go for a meal (this place is pretty expensive you see) and that perhaps we could just do her drink & a movie idea???

Don't want to mess this up b4 it's even started, lol

Yeah, all you do is call her up and say hey, I realized I don't have enough money for my own idea, so let's go with your idea of drinks and a movie! We can do my idea later after I get paid.

Just make the whole thing sound funny and be confident. Assume that she won't mind.

I guess there's nothing wrong with being up-front about it - if you are indeed living from pay-day to pay-day, she will either accept that or not. However, if this is only a temporary financial situation, you might want to avoid letting her know, because it's early enough that she doesn't need to know these details.

Well at this point it doesnt seem that you guys have set a date to actually go out. It seems that you only made plans to do something. I think that if you dont have enough cash to do the expensive dinner date then just do a drink and a movie. I dont think that this is a big deal but I dont think I would tell her that you dont have enough cash, that could come off the wrong way.

Well at this point it doesnt seem that you guys have set a date to actually go out. It seems that you only made plans to do something. I think that if you dont have enough cash to do the expensive dinner date then just do a drink and a movie. I dont think that this is a big deal but I dont think I would tell her that you dont have enough cash, that could come off the wrong way.

We have...it's this friday. I was thinking of saying that I had to get my car fixed or something as this would be an obvious acceptable reason to be low on cash, but i don't want to start lying to her. I actually earn enough, just spent a lot this month, lol

I don't think you need to get into the whole low on cash thing, it might sound a bit crass. I would just say you've decided to do the dinner and a drink thing for the first date, and maybe on the second date (if there is one) you'll check out the restaurant. You asked her out on the date so it's up to you to be assertive and decide what you will do on that date as long as she's ok with it, and since she suggested the dinner and drinks I don't think there should be any problem.

Archived