Back/shoulder hair

Just a quick question, I have a bit of hair on my shoulders and back which has appeared over the last few years. Don't get me wrong it's not a forest or anything, just a relatively light covering in some areas but I wondered if you guys think I should shave it off?

Specifically do women find this a turn off in a guy? I was thinking I could try a general razor and shaving cream and see how it looks but I don't know if I can be bothered to do that all the time...

Thoughts?

I don't mind, as long as it's not like a crazy gorilla or something. My bf has some back hair. I tease him about it, but I'm only joking. It's not gross or anything and I think it would be retarded to shave or wax it. He's a guy. Guys have hair.

Honestly, I'm not big on back hair, and my preference is definitely that there be none. If I'm being quite candid, a significant amount of hair there would be a big turn-off. That being said, it really depends on how much there is.

Shaving, however, makes no sense whatsoever. First of all - how does that even work? You're going to be doing some serious contortions ... with a razor. You'd better have 911 on hold! But also, shaving is just going to turn into a nuisance. I say you leave it: I don't think it's going to drive women away.

Well all I can say from experience is that I am 'Planet of the Apes' hairy and have never had a girlfriend who had an issue with that. Had one that wanted me to wax my back and I did once...the experience was similar to the scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin. Once was enough and she never wanted me to do it again.

Hmmm thanks for the replies. I may just shave my shoulders and see how it goes as I think it looks a bit weird for my chest hair to continue up to my shoulders. The back hair would be a bit hard to remove myself I guess and I don't think I could get the courage to go and get it waxed at a salon!

Good to know it wouldn't put some women off!

Exactly, it's also how your body hair grows.

I know one guy who has thick patches of body hair on the side of his biceps and no where else.

To put it bluntly.....it looks wrong.

BTW I wouldn't recommend shaving unless you are prepared for the chance of your body hair coming back thicker.

I know one guy who has thick patches of body hair on the side of his biceps and no where else.

To put it bluntly.....it looks wrong.

I know someone who has this too!!! Well it's more on the deltoid, but the outer sides of his arms, a patch like a beard, just in the middle of his arm! I would say it's the same guy, but since you're in NZ ... Now THAT definitely looks odd.

I know someone who has this too!!! Well it's more on the deltoid, but the outer sides of his arms, a patch like a beard, just in the middle of his arm! I would say it's the same guy, but since you're in NZ ... Now THAT definitely looks odd.

Yes that's what I mean, the out sides of his arms but, it's a patch of hair.

Speaking of random....

When I think of men with hairy backs I think of bears scratching their backs up against trees to the song who wears short shorts....

Archived