pimpels...how you get rid of them?

ok, I seen some people with serious pimpel issues on their face, and lately I been getting a lot of them, for like 6 months, at least. anyways, I wanted to know how to prevent them, I wash my face at least twice a day, and I don't eat chocolate(although that may be a myth).

Saw how can I get rid of them?

well, heres the deal:

I used to get them really bad i used clearasil, St. Ives, and everything else I caould find, and it never worked. Then I looked at what was in some of those, and some contain a chemical that can make some skin types break out, instead of helping. so i stopped and just scrubed my face with a wet washcloth once a day, and I never get pimples anymore. So, point being, it could be that you are doing too much about it. just do your basic cleaning, but don't put all kinds of things on your face. hope i could help.

Well I would say it sort of depends on just how bad your pimples are. ..

I have always had nearly perfectly clear skin, but I have younger siblings that have some problems with acne (I also keep my skin in good conditon by having a skin *routine* everyday). Some products I would recomend that work wonders to give my skin a healthy glow and to eliminate my younger siblings acne.. would be ...

-Clinique comforting cream cleanser: If your skin feels very oily and greasy this may not be the one for you. It could potentially be TOO gentle

-pHisoderm facial wash- This is better for oily skin type but if you leave it on your skin for too long or you skin tends to get dry, it coudl be too strong

-Clinique mild claryfying lotion (with exfoliant)-this will help with "glow"

-I have tried a product called Velocity once and it wasn't as mild as Clinique products or as strong as pHisoderm. It also exfoliates. (I would buy it is I could find it in stores in this state).

Also, basically any products from the clinique line have worked well for me. Their products tend to work well for delicate skin that is easily "disturbed" or aggrivated.

On days where my littlest sister wants to look her best I try to get rid of her acne by doing the following (it actually works):

1-I have her go into a steamy shower and while in there use Clinique comforing cream cleanser and have a warm washcloth to lay on her face for about 10 mintues.

2-use pHisoderm on her trouble spots. Leave on for about 1-2 minutes.

3-use Clinque mild clarifying lotion to make skin ready to absorb lotion

4-use a mild lotion for her face that isn't oily and will not clog up pores.

(Sorry if this is a load of information) Also, if your acne is to the point where .. well, your face looks as though it is "boiling" and is red.. and.. You could consider going to a doctor that specializes in skin care. They can usually give you some sort of lotion or medication that should help the acne go away (I have also seen it cause a rash and peeling for a few days on some people).

Anyways, there are many methods to trying to get rid of acne. As for prevention.. you should probably only wash your face once a day unless you wear makeup regularly. Washing your face too much can actually cause your skin to produce more oil. Try to avoid touching your face a lot and don't pop a zit unless you have to. Both will spread oil and actually make the problem worse I have even heard that if you take off the thin membrane or skin surrounding the white of a hard boiled egg and place it on a zit or pimple over night, when you wake up, it will dry up the spot and absorb some of the oil. Weather that is true or not..I have no idea.

Hun, the rumor about chocolate.. Of course that is false! I eat chocolate all the time and I have never had a break out (eat as much of it as you like--it makes the world go round)

-SuzyQ

Hey, everybody has said correct things about this, even the toothpaste works in emergency situations. But what they haven't said that most people don't know about is that stress can cause break-outs. If you are too stressed then you can have hormonal imbalances and it will make some nasty zits. I have experimented with it, and it works on me. It is also why people get really worried because they start breaking out right before a big test or speech. No it isn't God making fun of you, it is because of stress.

Preperation-H and or toothpaste. Not the gel stuff. Should find some of the wipes to clean your face off. Use them often. Go to the bathroom at school and wipe if you need.

Also, for me and every friend that had acne, masterbating was what caused it for us. If I stopped for a week or 2, magically no acne. Start up again and next following days more acne.

Its not that big of a problem, but its very annoying, a year or two ago, my skin was perfect, I maybey had 5 pimpels in my whole life time, now I get two every day, but they also leave after a day or so.

Anyways, I won't try any of the lotion chemicals on my face, but I will go with a damp towel.

can anyone enforce the chocolate theory on pimpels? or is it just a myth?

First of all the reason why u r getting pimples is because your sweat glands are producing lots of oil because of all the hormones in your body as a result of the onset of puberty. All you need then is a speck of dirt in one of those sweat glands to block it up and hey presto a pimple. No one likes them and they are usually found on the face (why there of all places) and the back and shoulders. The first goldern rule is keep your hands off! Do not pick, scratch or squeeze at any time. Always keep your skin as clean as possible. Do this by using a face wash - I prefer Clearasil and also use a facial scrub. A facial scrub has micro beads that clean the skin and remove dead skin cells. If you still have a problem maybe you could go and see a dermatologist (skin doctor) who might prescribe Caracatan or some other medication for your skin. As for the chocolate thing, I'd say that's just a myth but I would also suggest keeping to a healthy and balanced diet. Yeah pimples really suck but everyone gets them and they all go away after a few months. The reason why I know a bit about pimples is because when I was growing up I had lots of them, braces and I was very thin - but now things are just a bit different.

Just remember pimples are a part of growing up.

Peace 0X

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have read some of these posts and some of them are actualy interesting. Even though I only have about 2-4 pimples on my face every now and then, I used to have them kind of bad on my fore head like a month ago until I started something. This may sound goofy, but every night before I went to bed, I would put soap on my face and let it dry up and the next morning, GENTLY wipe it off with very warm water. And at least once a day, put soap on your face and leave it there for at least 1-3 min. It works, trust me!!

listen im sort of in the same boat as you. I had really bad acne about 2 years ago. i started using proactive and it REALLY helped. You should look into proactive. It does wonders. I had bad acne and it fixed it. Ofcoarse everyone has diferent skin so proactive may work for you but at a certain time stop working. Its hard to explain. The think is it worked for me for about 6 months then i guess i sopped using it regulary and started breaking out again. But my skin is reletivly clear now. Proactive may dry your skin and cause acne scars but in that case get proactive skin lightening lotion. The skin lightening lotion does wonders too.

Listen all these home remedies are good and may work for people but it won't matter. Its your body your gettin acne becasue most likely hormonla fluctuation, and sad to say you may have it for a while. UNLESS you do something about it now. These home remdies may make u think its getting better but one day you wwill realize that its been 1 year and your skin is horrible. get proactive my friends I gaurentee you it will work for you. The usuall success rate is about 75-85% so even if it doesnt work 100% it will still do wonders for u! good luck.

listen im sort of in the same boat as you. I had really bad acne about 2 years ago. i started using proactive and it REALLY helped. You should look into proactive. It does wonders. I had bad acne and it fixed it. Ofcoarse everyone has diferent skin so proactive may work for you but at a certain time stop working. Its hard to explain. The think is it worked for me for about 6 months then i guess i sopped using it regulary and started breaking out again. But my skin is reletivly clear now. Proactive may dry your skin and cause acne scars but in that case get proactive skin lightening lotion. The skin lightening lotion does wonders too.

Listen all these home remedies are good and may work for people but it won't matter. Its your body your gettin acne becasue most likely hormonla fluctuation, and sad to say you may have it for a while. UNLESS you do something about it now. These home remdies may make u think its getting better but one day you wwill realize that its been 1 year and your skin is horrible. get proactive my friends I gaurentee you it will work for you. The usuall success rate is about 75-85% so even if it doesnt work 100% it will still do wonders for u! good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

i had pimples they always always came back...i read that using benzoyl peroxide and salycylic acid can really dry out your skin and make it worse. I find that if you currently have pimples the s. acid clears them up really fast. My regiment works really well it cleared my skin in a little less then a week.

First i wash my face using a gentle cleanser. (Clean and Clear, sensitive skin foaming facial cleanser. In a clear bottle, purple despenser and clearish fluid.)

Then i PAT dry my skin. i then use a Astrigent(apply with cotton ball) to take care of extra dirt on my face, this helps also to dry up my pimples. (Neutrogena, Clear Pore oil controlling astrigent. Clear bottle with blue fluid. white cap)

Then i wait for that to dry, which is very important to let your skin soak it up. Then i use a noncomodegenic moisturizer. (Cetaphil moisturizing loition. White bottle green label, or it might be in a green box. They also sell generic brands depending where you shop, both work)

I wait about 2 minutes for my skin to reydrate and then i put a s. acid acne treatment on. I put it in the WHOLE area i get pimples. (Stridex, Fruit Therapy, maximum strength acne cream, purple box with little fruits on it.

then i wait for that to dry about 2 minutes letting my skin soak it up. Finally i use a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream. i put it everywhere, becuase thats the stuff that keeps the pimples from coming. (Clearasil Ultra, Acne Treatment Cream. Blue box kinda sparkly/metallic, with clear window white tube inside.)

most of this stuff is EASY to match. Becuae i know that benzoyl peroxide is expensive. Match it and i promise this will work for you...i hope