I Still Fell Like A Loser

imsuperman

Continued from here.

So the update is: I couldn't take a class winter quarter because of no cash. I was going to sign up for a six week class this quarter (starting April 26) but unfortunately someone hit my car on Feb.28 while I was on the other side of the road waiting for a tow after sliding off the side due to ice. So my car got totaled, and I'm hoping to finally go new (I mean used) car shopping this weekend after my check from the insurance company gets cleared.

I still feel like a loser for still living at home at 23 and not having moved out. I don't pay rent, but I do help my parents out with things around the house and occasionally buy dinner and that sort of thing.

My social life has really whittled down to almost nothing (I'm finally going to my favorite musician's concert tomorrow night with my cousin though, and he, sadly might well be my best friend, even though we see each other about once a month.)

I'm continuing to look for a full-time job, but it's getting hard for me to stay motivated to do so. I've been out of my field for over a year now, and would probably stink up an interview royally if I got one. The other solution I'm looking at is just getting a second PT job during the morning/early afternoon, but I'm trying to find something that doesn't have to deal with retail or customer service, which is difficult.

On top of that, I just found out a week ago that the PT job I currently have working 4 weekday evenings 4-9:30 and Sat. 2-8, is issuing a pay freeze for the year, so I'm stuck at $7.60 and hr, despite the fact that I'm rather easily the most reliable person there.

I want to get another job and an apartment with like 2 or 3 other people or something. I'm going crazy here.

Note: Last week I was talking with the girl from my first post again, (she's 21, living arrangements through college scholarship) and we we're talking about life situations and she basically tried to get me to admit that I was doing nothing at home and just sitting around, which was bizarre to me. She said something like, "But during the day you don't really do anything, right?" I told her that I spent a lot of time looking for jobs during the day, but I did unfortunately neglect to add that it must be nice to have a college pay for where you live.

Help, help, help.

Hey.. it's normal to feel like you aren't living up to your fullest potential at times. It helps provide contrast to where you want to be and how you really want to feel. I'm 30 and I have accomplished a lot, but am in the same boat. It happens throughout your life every now and then.

This basically means it's time to re-create your life plan, try new things, and figure out what really brings you joy. Your gonna be just fine! =o)

Hey.. it's normal to feel like you aren't living up to your fullest potential at times. It helps provide contrast to where you want to be and how you really want to feel. I'm 30 and I have accomplished a lot, but am in the same boat. It happens throughout your life every now and then.

This basically means it's time to re-create your life plan, try new things, and figure out what really brings you joy. Your gonna be just fine! =o)

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's compounded by my lack of real friends. Also it's tough because even though I don't pay rent, I pay all my bills while many people my age have cars given to them, or someone else is paying for the schooling and living arrangements. There is the "loser" and "mama's boy" stigma that always lurks around men my age, despite the fact I would assert that I'm equally as financially independent as most.

It took me from 05-09 to get a two year degree at Community College because they offered classes sparsely.

I just wish there was some quick fix. I even thought about the armed services, but being blown up doesn't appeal to me all that much.

Archived