How do you tell someone you love that you like them?

OK...... this is my problem and I could use some advice. I have been in love with my friend for about 4 years. At one time we had a thing. Of course I wished that thing would have turned into something, but there were problems. Someone didn't want us to be together and started all sorts of problems. So natually her and I started to contribute to those problems as well, thanks to that third person getting involed. Now I am single and she is in the process of breaking up with someone. She told me that we should start having a friendship again, but i can't help how I feel about her. 4 years is a long time to be in love with someone. How do I deal with being her friend even though I am so i love with her?

Hi Virgo,

Yes, 4 years is a long time.

When it comes to dating and expressing emotions, I am one who tell it like it is. I do not really like beating around the bush about it. Of course, I won't just blurt out everything straight into her face. I will only let her know if I sense that she is showing some positivity, that the relationship can progress to another level.

What you can do is to sound her out. If you are afraid of the repercussions, drop some hints first. Or ask her stuff like "What do you think of our friendship?". Keep it open ended. Let her speak. You might be surprised at what you might find.

Good luck dude!

Hi Virgo,

Thank you for coming to eNotalone.com with your questions. I can relate to what and how you feel. From what I understand is that you seem to be a little shy.

Time here is of no consequence, even though it has been a long time. I would recommend you to take things very slow, though. This young lady is in the process of breaking up and that means she needs to start a healing process to get over her previous relationship. In general that takes a little time and patience. That's why I suggest that you start as friends again first 'built' a relationship. Keep talking to her and ask her how she feels over her last date. That will give you some positive ideas.

If the time comes, I would suggest that you make her some compliments and drop some hints like bleeder suggested. Watch her reaction and listen to how she responds. If you feel confident enough ... *grins* ... jump her!!

I wish you good luck

~ SwingFox ~