Strange first dates from online sites

newwave

This one is strange. My friend joined several dating sites to meet guys. Ok, that's common. What strikes me as odd are the dates mentioned.

Guy one: Wants her to come over and play video games. I love video games as much as the other person (I own Wii, Gameboy and many PC games), but for a first date?

Guy two: Wants to make her dinner.I've dated guys who made me dinner and it's nice, but not for a first date.

Guy three: Asked her to meet him at a lingerie store so he can buy lingerie for her.

Guy four: Asked her to meet him for a weekend of camping.

Not really bad dates but for a first date with someone you don't know?

• 2 weeks later...

LOL @ the undies guy. Well, at least he's direct!

I guess guys are different. I think the lingerie one is a little weird, but I don't see camping, video games, or making dinner as being all too weird. Just depends on the guy.

When I met my boyfriend for the first time, he made me dinner. I had already told him all my "favourites" so when I got there, I had a real treat waiting for me. It was so special.

LOL @ the undies guy. Well, at least he's direct!

I guess guys are different. I think the lingerie one is a little weird, but I don't see camping, video games, or making dinner as being all too weird. Just depends on the guy.

When I met my boyfriend for the first time, he made me dinner. I had already told him all my "favourites" so when I got there, I had a real treat waiting for me. It was so special.

On a first date I'm not going to someone's house unless I know them. Ironically both my friend and me got guys wanting us to come over and play video games. I don't think it's the same guy, but weird.

I don't know if i met a guy from online i would refuse to meet in anywhere but a public environment it doesn't matter whether you're 16 or 60 you never really know who someone is unless you meet them and i think your friend should take a friend with her. Guy one and two sound reasonably ok but three and four is a definate no no. Come on guy three quite clearly wants to get in her pants and guy four? seriously camping in the middle of nowhere? that doesn't sound good at all.

I don't know if i met a guy from online i would refuse to meet in anywhere but a public environment it doesn't matter whether you're 16 or 60 you never really know who someone is unless you meet them and i think your friend should take a friend with her. Guy one and two sound reasonably ok but three and four is a definate no no. Come on guy three quite clearly wants to get in her pants and guy four? seriously camping in the middle of nowhere? that doesn't sound good at all.

I have a feeling 3 and 4 were just looking for sex. I don't think she ended up seeing any of the guys.

wow that's just weird. All four are very strange ideas for a first date imo. I just had my very first date from an online encouter a few days ago and we met in a local bar to watch a hockey game. The night went well but a little long.

I would think a meet to have some coffee or something similar would be best. These "pre dates" as other members have referred to are to meet the person face to face and to see if you do get along with them. So, keeping it to coffee or something simple would allow for you to have a brief meet up and to give you the option to walk away without feeling obligated to stick around.

Archived