Suggestions please...

Hi all,

So I was with this guy, and we were on and off. We stayed friends through everything but all of a sudden at the beginning of the year I felt some major resentment towards him and was angry for how I was treated when I was with him. He didn't treat me very well at all, but we'd sorted it out. Well I thought we had. So I was trying to stay away from him because none of the issues I was angry at were current, and I didn't want to make our friendship yuck by telling him off. I've been dealing with the resentment and anger and I'm getting over it, but now he's annoyed because I wasn't talking to him as much as I used to. He does have a girlfriend now which was also the reason I didn't want to bring up our past cause I'm happy where I am and he's happy with her and I didn't want him to think otherwise. I just don't like that we're not friends anymore. Crazy I know.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to heal this friendship?? I'm not sure how to broach the situation and he's not responding to my texts (I've only sent 2 in the last month), and when I see him he's just staring. He seems angry at me now. I think by me trying to deal with it on my own, I've screwed everything up. Help!

Betty

Betty, you both broke up, he's got a new girlfriend. Stop texting him and move on. The best way to heal will be to get right away from him, which I know might be difficult, but it's something you have to do.

That you are still thinking of him would suggest that you are not quite as happy as you say and the resentment might be over him now being with someone else...

Archived