"I Have A Confession To Make..."

And if you do break and reply, make it one telling him that if he needs to confess he should speak to a priest.

Hahahaha, that was awesome. Thanks.

Hmm. I was entirely on board the ignoring him idea until the above post.

(And I am very sorry for your pain, Life - but good on you for moving forward, working for and recognizing improvement every day! I hope better fortune keeps finding you, surely and swiftly)

Vertigo, I am not now encouraging you to speak to him or reply to what might be a pitiful ploy to toy with you (Agent, your comment was brilliant!), but is there anything he might have to say to you that you actually do need to know, such as Life spoke on?

I doubt it. We're both youngsters so it's not like we share a house together, or children. (THANK GOD!)

This is definitely what some people were concerned that he would do ... try to put you back on the string. I'm glad you deleted it! Stay strong.

Hey, thanks so much for this. But while we should always be on our tip-toes in regards to our exes, we shouldn't always cast them in a negative light. I have written in a past thread of mine that I have forgiven him on the inside, but I had to let it be known to him, and once I told him what I wanted to say for so long, I felt much better.

To cast him in a negative light again will in return give him the power back that I've worked so hard to gain back, you know? After a year... I don't think he can hurt me anymore. At least, not as bad as back then.

The best revenge is living well, without him in it. I'll bet he's realizing this and it's killing him and thus why he sent me this ridiculous text; To somehow bring me back into his life, to know that I can't live without him. Too bad, cause I am living a good life without him.

Anyways, thanks everyone, you guys made me feel better.

Okay, so just to be sure I understand, the text in its entirety simply read "i have a confession to make"? And that's it!?!?

Oh wow so awesome of you to not respond! Please stick to that! You dont send a text like that to an ex without it being an attempt to pull their chain.

You are broke up, let him keep his confession to himself. Good for you for not responding! Not many people could be that strong!

Okay, so just to be sure I understand, the text in its entirety simply read "i have a confession to make"? And that's it!?!?

Oh wow so awesome of you to not respond! Please stick to that! You dont send a text like that to an ex without it being an attempt to pull their chain.

You are broke up, let him keep his confession to himself. Good for you for not responding! Not many people could be that strong!

Agreed. The guy's like baiting you.

I don't understand what he has to bait me in for. He has shown in many ways that he was happy in his life without me in it, at least, not as his girlfriend...

He has tons of friends, tons to do... I don't think he really 'needs' me anymore, so I don't know why he had to text me again...

None of the less... He probably did something bad while we were dating and maybe it's time we both seek the truth, as much as it hurts.

I'll never know unless I ask. But I'm too scared to...

Vertigo, could it ever be that is he is trying to tell you that he still has feelings or regrets or something of that nature, and is just not sure how you'd react!? Obviously you know the situation better than anyone though.

Now it's my turn to confess...

I texted him last night probably around the time he fell asleep, saying, "Please don't hurt me ever again. I felt a bit confused and scared and all that and just had to write it out.

Who knows what he'll text me back now... But I think I can handle whatever he has to throw at me. If I can handle this, I can handle other more painful things in life that will surely come my way as I grow up more and more, right?

I'm gonna let this be a stepping stone of my true character and inner strength.

Archived