Why is it so hard for him to touch me?

ladeedah

I know this guy likes me ..I know he's attracted to me. He's told people and he's brushed up against me enough times. Stands really close to me too.Looks for reasons to talk to me. But he wont put his arm around me or hug me like he does all the other girls. I see tons of pics on facebook with his arm around this girl and that but with me even in pics where he is near me he wont get "up close and personal". Why? Does it mean he really isnt attracted to me? I like him sooo much and i love being near him but i dont get why he literally keeps me at arms length. Can anyone help?

Have you attempted to touch him, or engage him in any sort of physicality? If not, perhaps he is showing you respect by trying to follow your lead. Or maybe he is intimidated or unsure of your wishes, and does not want to impose himself.

(If those things are true about him, on a side note, I would give him much credit for both or either.)

Do you not feel comfortable about making "the first move?" If you do not have an issue with this, why not try to embrace him, yourself? Or brush his hair back from his forehead, or lay your hand gently on his arm as he speaks, or shiver prettily beside him and comment loudly about being ever so cold (kidding about that last one!), and give him the chance to increase the contact, based on your clear indications of invitation to do so.

I wish you luck! He sounds quite enticing.

He likes you, which is why he'd be more hesitant. If he throws his arm around random girl A, and she gets upset, who cares?

But he has an invested physio-emotional investment in his mental image of you, so he would be more hesitant because right now, you're the fantasy.

Archived