how can you heal bad breath when flossing and listerine don't seem to help at all? I've been chewing gum for 3 years every day so I can talk to people and not stink like ****. and having a boyfriend can't be on my list since I can't kiss with this breath. Help

hey,

First of all, im sorry to hear about that. my suggestion is to either keep a pack of listerine pocket pack with you, or carry aroung mints like ice breakers or altoids. the listerine pocket packs are good because they freshen breathe and dissolve real quick.

another option would be to chew orbit gum, since you say that you chew gum a lot. it keeps your mouth "fresh and clean"... lol*

i hope it all works out

ttyal. byez.

Are you sure you have bad breathe? Flossing is usually the best way to prevent but if that is not helping it may be diet is the problem. Do you eat a lot of meat? Try changing diet to include more fruit and vegetables. Also eating raw parsley helps. If none of that works it may be you have a medical condition that causes halitosis and you would need to consult your doctor.

i talked to my dentist and he told me to use listerine...i think that he doesnt think that it's serious.

I don't want to chew gum or any other breath freshners. Cuz I have bad breath after 10 minutes when I eat a mint or something. And I hate gum so much!

can meat really cause bad breath? Yea I do eat a lot of meat..well thanks I will try eating more veggies and fruits.

I don't think that I have a madican condition. BTW, i heard that your tone is a source of bad breath and that we should brush it...but when you get half way through your tongue, you know what happens..you throw up, so how am I supposed to do that?

Brushing your tongue won't help. If your dentist thinks its no big deal it probably isn't. I'd go with trying to cut back on eating meat and eating fresh herbs when you can. Otherwise just dothe normal hygiene things, flossing and brushing.

BTW, my dentist told me that electric brushes do a 10 times better job than hand brushing. Maybe try buying one (don't get a cheapy) and see if that doesn't help as well.

Hi Kaizer, that is not right. Bad breathe comes from one of four things, tooth decay, old food lodged in your teeth, diet or incorrectly functioning osophogeous. Your tongue has nothing to do with it at all, it is simply a muscle and as such has no odor (unless you cut it open and you will smell the blood). The saliva that is over the tongue is another matter. But your saliva will omit a bad odor generally due to teeth decay, food lodged in mouth or diet. So fix any of those and your tongue will be ok. No use rushing your tongue cos as soon as you close your mouth again it wil be re-covered in saliva and unless you need to fix the problem with your saliva.

ONE THING THAT CAN HELP ALOT IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT, IS A tongue SCRAPER ALOT OF STUFF GETS SETTLED AND STICKS TO YOUR tongue AND TASTEBUDS. IT WOULD BE ONE MORE THING THAT COULD HELP YOU. BUT JUST LIKE EVERYONE SAYS FLOSSING IS A DEFINITE, AND REALLY NEEDS TO BE DONE GOOD TO GET ALL THE MEAT AND STUFF OUT. ALSO IF YOU EAT SOMETHING AND YOU CAN'T BRUSH YOUR TEETH RIGHT THEN, A GOOD THING TO DO IS TO RINSE YOU MOUTH OUT WITH SOME WATER. ALSO THE BEST GUM I THINK IS ORBIT IT LEAVES YOU MOUTH PRETTY FRESH.