Need some advice

dobryjam000

I am a guy (19 years old) and i have this friend that is a girl (16 years old). I am not trying to get with her or anything. We have been good friends for a long long time. Anyways she is having problems with her parents ever since her big sister moved out. Her dad has abused her and hit her. Even throwing a dog gate at her head hitting her in the jaw. She is scared of her parents and cries everynight. I always text her trying to comfort her and tell her things will be okay. She is the sweetest kid ever and doesnt do many things wrong. the most she did wrong was that she got an underage drinking ticket. Her parents got her a social worker and she tells the social worker what all happened but the parents deny it and tell the social worker that she is very bad and does all these things wrong. The social worker believes them and wants to send her to a juvenile detention center. She doesnt deserve that. I have done worse things than her and have been worse than her when i was younger and have never needed a social worker and have never been attempted to be sent to a juvenile detention center! She doesnt deserve this at all! She is a very kind and sweet person that is just trying to live a normal teenage life. I want to help her sooo bad because i dont like seeing this happen to someone that i am good friends with and someone that i really care about. Someone PLEASE give me some advice! Thank you very much for your time.

I'm sorry the two of you are going through this. Is there any way she could spend a little bit of time away from her parents at your house or another friend/relatives house? Give her a break from it.

But, I don't understand why her parents would get her a social worker only to deny any of the abuse. It doesn't make sense - are you sure she is telling you the whole story? Even if it is true, the SW can't be very good if they're not listening to her point of view. She could be within her rights to demand another SW or go to the police if any more abuse takes place. Obviously this will be a terrifying thing to do but I think it will help if you encourage her and be there for her.

I'd be cautious.... she very well isn't telling you ALL of the story. It probably depends on the state, but if she is acting out , she can be sent to a juvenile facility via complaints from her parents. Where is this social worker from? She could be determined to be a risk to her parents.

My daughter had MAJOR issues when she was 16 (started when she was like 12) and would tell people thee most outlandish stories about how she was treated at home.

Archived