Birth Control - Light or no periods

fresa

Hello,

I'm 32 and I've been taking BCP's since I was 19. I'm currently taking Microgestin Fe 1/20. I am a Sunday starter.

I've always had lighter periods on BCP as time passed. The last 4 cycles I wasn't really getting a period - I was spotting. So I thought my period was wacky because I had gone off the BCP (I missed a couple of pills) and then started the Sunday after I finished my period - then I read I was supposed to start the Sunday after my period started even if I wasn't finished with it. So then I decided to get off the pill for a month and restart it correctly. I started the Sunday after my period started. I finished the pack on the third week and I got my period the 4th week on Wed (yes! it worked!). So now on my second pack, it's Saturday and I haven't had a period. My question is, should I wait to start my period to start my BCP again or just start tomorrow?

I'm not pregnant because I haven't had sex in a while, like 6 months. I also have hypothyroidism. I've also started taking a multi-vitamin pill daily.

I'd wait to have your period. I mean it makes no real difference, but your pumping your body full of hormones. Me, personally, I have 7 day periods. But my birth control that I'm on, I start the 4th day after I've finished my pack... but I usually let myself have my full period so I get EVERYTHING... all the gunk and sloughed off junk outta there. Start fresh, let your body sort of recover, and start your new pack. It's a huge pain in the you know what, but that's what I would do.

I have never heard about waiting to start the next pack after your period.

I take the BCP where the last line isn't BCP, it's like Iron pills or something.. that last line is when I get mine. Or well, at some point during that last week I get it.. it can fall over into the new start of the packet but I just start the next pack, I have never waited for the period to end to start.

Archived