general quick question-girlfriends and dating

i am still in high school, which means if i choose to ask out one of the many girls there, does this necesarily require legitimate dating right away.

in other words, i will see this girl every day, and if shes my girlfriend, we can go into town sometimes and things, but if i ask her out and she says yes, am i expected to say "okay this friday at so and so place" or can she just be my girlfriend and see her each day and then go to the movies sometime just randomly.

this may seem like kindof a weird question but i am new to this...

thanks everyone !

Sounds to me like you're in rural America, and in that case around here dating usually means hanging out whenever you have and chance and wherever that may be, so "actual" dates aren't frequently required. Once a month is what most people expect. If I wrong, then things change with location. I would suggest that someone carry that dating habits of people here in KS to NY or England. The culture is a bit different, and thus the expectations are different.

well i have friends who have just been dating at like school and seen eachother when ever they could, um dating isn't a must, but it helps break the ice and girls love it. but if you can't then just hang out. good luck.

love QTpie87