Is this weird?

skysthelimit

I'm going to try to make this short, but sorry if it gets too long!

I really want to get to know this guy better, but I'm being incredibly shy about it. I don't think I've ever been this shy about anything before!

Well, it's been almost 3 years since I last talked to him back in high school. The whole thing started when my friend thought this guy in my english class was cute and wanted me to introduce each other. I had never talked to him before and never really payed much attention to him either... I had no problem introducing them though, so the next couple days they would talk to each other online. One day I got an IM and it was from him. We talked for a little and then he said he got a bear and flowers for my friend for Valentine's Day. Right around the same time I was talking to him, my friend IM me saying after getting to know him, he wasn't really her type. I was kind of disappointed because I felt he was a nice, smart, good looking guy and she really needed that. Unfortunately, her type is jerk lol.

So basically their 'talking' ended and that was that. We are facebook friends, but I wouldn't even classify us as 'friends' at this point. I started thinking about him the other day when my roommate and I started talking about the kind of guys we like, and he popped into my head. So now I just want to get to know him!

So the problem is...I don't know how to initiate a conversation with him. I was thinking of leaving an IM on facebook saying "how have you been?" or something like that but I've been to scared to do it. Mostly because I'm afraid he won't remember me and I'm also very afraid of rejection.

The only person I told this to was my roommate and she said I should "purposely" send an IM to the wrong person-him. I laughed at this at first but then she said she sometimes does this to get people to talk lol! It kind of sounds stupid to be like "oops, wrong person!" but for some reason that is the only way I'll type something to him LOL

So I guess I'm wondering is that too strange? If I do end up approaching him that way, I don't want the conversation to end real fast either... lol

Archived