birth control suggestions?

sharsachan

tomorrow i am seeing my doctor to get a prescription for birth control pills [or something anyway] . i have never been on any kind of birth control besides condoms before. i have two kids. i'm already a big girl so i'd love to not gain more weight on something.

which kind has worked for you? i realize that all women are different and react to each kind differently, but i have no clue about this at all and would love some input...

If your wanting to go the pill route it will depend on you. I started on one kind but the dosage was to high and even eating something with it it made me throw up in the morning, they had to knock me down.

I think I take something called Lovelite. Honestly I have been on the pill for 6 years now and never gained any weight. well I did but I was on the pill for 3 years before I started... other facts of life caused me to gain weight.

The patch is good if you don't want to worry about missing the pill. I thought about trying it but never went through with it.

the best thing would be a iud because of the no hormones and doesn't mess up your body and there are little to no risks involed just be sure to use a condom for the first few weeks because if you get pregnant iud in it can cause miscarrige or just wait till you heal up completely first

guess i should mention that i lack health insurance and could not possibly come up with the $500+ cash for an IUD. that was what i wanted but it's not currently feasible, so i guess i'm looking for experiences between the pill, patch and nuvaring. nearly everyone except like 2 people have told me they gained while on depo so that is not under consideration at all.

guess i should mention that i lack health insurance and could not possibly come up with the $500+ cash for an IUD. that was what i wanted but it's not currently feasible, so i guess i'm looking for experiences between the pill, patch and nuvaring. nearly everyone except like 2 people have told me they gained while on depo so that is not under consideration at all.

Are you going to Planned Parenthood? They walked me through about 94864 different types of bc and they can help you financially if you can't afford it.

no i looked up planned parenthood, the closest one to me is 120 miles away. i'm going to our sliding scale clinic, i already asked them if they do IUDs and they said no, i'd have to go to a regular gyno for that and all the gynos want at least $500 cash up front for it -_- i WISH i had a PP near here, it would make life a lot easier.

I'm currently taking the shot and so far it's good with its set of flaws. It's taking awhile for my body to get used to the hormones so it's progressing kind of slow. I am filling out more in some places but that's what I need, I'm almost a stick figure!

But I also seen that you are not interested in the shot so I won't be pushing it on you. I think my advice to you is to figure out who you are and what you are able to tolerate from a birth control method (that's how I got to take the shot). If you can stand and remember to take pills at a certain time of the day for 365 days, by all means count that as something you would consider. If you are wanting to take birth control so you can loose your period, by all means consider the birth control that can make that happen.

Whatever birth control you choose though, I know you are going to make an wise an informed decision.

Archived