Recent Events...

Earlier this week I was offered a job in a factory. It was only a temp job and the pay was really bad, but I took it and thanked the temp agency for finding something for me.

After two days at this job I hated it. I know I sound like real complainer, but it was really bad.

Now tell me if this isn't perfect timing... Yesterday I got a call from a different temp agency. They offered me a long term position in an excellent factory that it's really hard to get hired into. This place pays really well, has really good benefits and profit sharing and all that. So of course I took the job and I agreed to go in today for orientation.

Then I had to call the other Temp agency that I had the bad job with and tell them I was quitting. So I called, got no answer and left a pretty detailed message. It was only a minute or so later that they called me back. The guy told me "I think everything happens for a reason, because when you called just now it was them I was on the other line with and they're letting you go anyway. I just think it's so cool how that all worked out.

So today I had my orientation and safety training. I start Monday on second shift.

It's in some ways liberating to go back to a factory job. I don't have any BS office politics to worry about.

So I thought I would tell everyone here my news, I know a lot of people here are probably tired of hearing me complain about being unemployed.

Archived