Dizzy when she gets up in the Morning.

Tethryn

Well, when my mother woke up this morning she was dizzy, she said it felt like she had a hangover even though she hadn't drank any alcohol. She made it downstairs to the cough and then she got wicked dizzy and nauseous, she called for me while trying to make it to the bathroom, but I was asleep at the time. When she got in there she said the toilet looked like it was moving back and forth and that there were three of them, and that when she vomited it was a bright yellow. She told me that her mother, and my cousin have also gotten dizzy like this, that it runs in women of the family it seems. Does anyone have any ideas what this may be? I have heard that women loose their sense of balance as they age and my mother is 57 now.

hi,

I'm thinking that this might be related to menopause? It has happened to my mom as well (although without vomiting). At times she has a bit of vertigo and she needs to lay down for a while. I remember reading that it can be one of the symptoms. Ginger tea is known for helping with nausea/dizziness; i'd recommend making some of that when she's not feeling well.

She should go to the doctor just to make sure things are ok.

Menopause and hormones can cause this.

I know about a week before my period I can feel nauseated, kind of dizzy at times, and my nerves are raw. As soon as my period starts, it is gone.

Maybe try a naturopath too.

Archived