Is it just me or is this a little extreme...

HellFrost666

Did you ever say to someone "I'm going to approve this adoption against my better judgment" after pretty much calling them a liar?

I am not trying to argue with you... But since you've had experience doing rescue work I wonder what your opinion is on her saying that. It seems like if it was really against her better judgment she wouldn't have approved the adoption. Also it's strange that she let me foster, knowing I have a male cat in my house and not believing me that he's fixed.

I've seen this woman do other adoptions there and she's never been this way to anyone else.

Idk... the fact that I come there and put my time in for free and still was treated that way has me a little confused.

I will say that her whole attitude is very off putting. Usually those who foster stand an even better chance of adopting the animals, so for her to be like that to you, it is pretty crappy. And no, I've never said that I would let someone adopt against my better judgement. If I had any reservations about an adopter, I would deny their application, period.

She sounds like a pretty anal retentive person, helly. I can understand wanting certain questions answered, but she didnt have to be such a douche bag to you.

Just let it go. We dont have much control over crappy people that we encounter, just take great care of your new little baby and ignore the old hag.

I will say that her whole attitude is very off putting. Usually those who foster stand an even better chance of adopting the animals, so for her to be like that to you, it is pretty crappy. And no, I've never said that I would let someone adopt against my better judgement. If I had any reservations about an adopter, I would deny their application, period.

She sounds like a pretty anal retentive person, helly. I can understand wanting certain questions answered, but she didnt have to be such a douche bag to you.

Just let it go. We dont have much control over crappy people that we encounter, just take great care of your new little baby and ignore the old hag.

You know what, I just thought of something... I don't know if this is a coincidence or not... but all the other adoptions I've seen her do have been to women.

It could be that she just doesn't like men, or maybe she's seen a lot of abused animals come from male owners or something...

It makes me wonder if this would have gone differently if I would have sent my girlfriend there to take care of the adoption. I know I'll never know, but it's something to think about.

I called the vet yesterday. I told them that she's been updated on her shots and she's been dewormed and had a flea treatment, and that the only thing she needs right now is something for the sores on her neck and her mats removed. Both I and my girlfriend have tried to cut the mats away from her head, and she just isn't having it... and since the mats are on her head it makes it a lot harder. So I explained all this to the lady at the vet clinic and she told me they won't see her just because she has mats. that's for the groomer to take care of.

... there's more to this, but I have to leave in a minute, so this post is a two parter I guess, lol...

[...] About the vet, they need to see the sores and when she is there, ask them if when they remove the hair to administer to the sores, if they can just clip some of the mats around her head off, as she will not let you do it.

I agree, make it about treating her sores not about the fur. I can appreciate that they don't want to be used as groomers, but the skin condition is the focus.

I never finished that story, sorry...

I did tell them about the sores first thing, But I also made it pretty clear that she has mats on her head that would make it harder to see the sores. And it was like the lady I talked to complete ignored the whole thing about the sores and told me they won't see her just because she has mats.

So I asked her what I should do about the sores and she told me to just keep putting antibiotic cream on them like I have been, and keep watch for any sign of an infection. Which, so far she isn't showing any.

The sores are looking a lot better.

Archived