Chilled with a girl last night, but not in the same city...now what?

finittz

SHORT VERSION

I went up to visit friends and at a party I met this girl. She asked me if I wanted to go to McDonalds to get some food with her (at like 2am). It was really busy there so she asked if I wanted to go back to her place and order-in pizza. She had pizza, chilled and watch a tv show she had been talking about earlier. We talked a bit more as well. I got her number earlier when we were walking to her place. Then she was getting sleepy so we said our goodbyes (didn't kiss or anything like that) and that was it.

So the problem is that now I'm back in a different city 2 hours away working this term and she's at university. If I was on a school term at the university, I would call her up tomorrow and ask her out on a date. But since I'm not in town, I'm thinking of just texting her saying "Hey its (name here). I had fun the other night." and then talk about this poster in her wall which had 20 things on it and shes like you can only know one a day. So I'll ask to know another one. The next time I could go back to visit again would be at least 2 weeks from now, if not more. Also, we found out that one of her roommates last term and for the summer term is one of my highschool friends (we're not that close anymore, but I guess still friends). So I don't know what to do...any ideas? Thanks for reading this.

DETAILED VERSION

So I'm a university student on a co-op term in a different city than the university that I go to and I went back up with friends this past weekend to visit. I went to a friends party where I met this girl. At first we talked a bit and then went back to dancing with the general crowd (we were kinda drunk then). I saw her alone later that night and went back to talk to her (we were much more sober now). We started talking for a while and then she asked if I wanted to go on the balconey (get some fresh air) and we out and talked for a long time. Came back in, danced for a bit, then went into the hallway and sat and talked there for a long time.

Then she's like you wanna get McDonalds and so we left to go get food. Line was too long there so, I was like there's a pizza place not far from here we could walk to. She then asked if I wanted to go back to her place and just order-in pizza. So while we were walking to her place I asked her for her number (I dunno if that was too early in the night or it didn't matter) she didn't ask for mine back though.

We get to her place, sat down on the couch and talked a bit more. She mentions watching some tv show she likes so I said sure ya lets watch it. Some laptop sitting in the living room wasn't working so we went to her room. So we sat on her bed and watched her show and ate pizza, talked some more and then she said she was getting really sleepy so we said our goodbyes (I didn't go in for a kiss though) and she said "it was nice chilling with you" something along those lines. She is such a down to earth and innocent, home-body type of person just like me (she likes to just chill and watch movies etc. instead of getting drunk and partying).

Her roommates were all in the living room when I was leaving. I introduced myself to all of them, they questioned me for a bit, where I went to school, what I was in etc... and then I left.

So that was Friday night and if I was in the same city as her I would be calling tomorrow/tonight to set up a date with her. But since I'm about 2 hours away now, I don't know how to proceed? I'll be back in school during the summer with her (she's going to be doing summer school too) but that's 3 months down the road. What do I do now? There's a possibility I can bus up there for a date in two weeks (next time I have a free weekend) but even then that leaves a lot of "if"s in my plan.

At the moment I just plan to text her and be like "Hey its (name here). I had fun the other day. " and then add in this thing about a poster on her wall that had like 20 phrases of advice about life. and when I pointed it out to her that night, she's like no you can't read them all, you can only choose one number per day and then I'll read it to you. So I choose one number that night and she read that one to me. So in my text I would choose another number we could continue that and continue talking from there.

At the moment the best I can do to keep her interested is just txt her...until I can actually go back up to see her. Calling and talking doesn't work, it's so much better in person. By the way, we're both 20, in our final two years of university (we go the same university, just not together for another 3 months), but both our homes (where our family live) are within like 20 mins drive. ALSO, I completely forgot that we found out that one of my highschool friends (not that close, but still a friend) was her roommate last term and will be again in the summer. So that added to our connection even more.

So any ideas/comments/suggestions? Thanks for reading all of this and any help is much appreciated!

Archived