Who pays in the relationship?

In my relationship I pay for the majority of things... lunch dinner and movie tickets, because my girl is currently studying and receives very little allowance since her parents are divorced and she doesn't live with them.

So who pays more in the relationship?

I think it just depends on the relationship and what both feel like giving towards things like that. In mine I make 3 times as much as my bf so i usually pay for more, but he also helps any way he can like calling cards and dinner on the weekends. Most the time he insists on paying for things such as if i see an outfit i want when we're shopping. Accaisionally i'll let him buy me extra stuff but with his budget i'd rather him stick to the things we need and me pay for the extra things since i have the bigger income. So in other words, we try to work together. In your case with your girl at school and all, i believe you do understand that it is hard for her money wise. Have you ever thought about things that don't use money but still have a good time? Like say a picnic or renting a movie and staying home and pretending you're at the movies? Get creative. Money isn't everything and certainly will not "Buy me love".

In my relationship we both are pretty stubborn about paying. We both want to. We both make equal money. I am somewhat traditional and think that the guy should pay but she doesnt like anyone to spend too much on them. So i guess, all-in-all, we pay pretty equally.

Hmm, well I'm pretty weird when it comes to people paying for stuff for me (I HATE it) but seeing that I don't have a job so I don't have much money, my boyfriend usually pays for everything (I DO put up a fight though... ), and sometimes we split it. I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that most people don't throw a fit when their date wants to pay, so if she offers to pay, go with it, and if she doesn't, ask her to split the cost or you can pay for everything. It's not that big of a deal until your "significant other" becomes the cause of your bankruptcy

My guy makes a lot more than I do (I am still a student), so on our dates he normally pays. I will help for small little things like paying for movies that we rent and meals that I can afford. If we go to a nice dinner place, then he certainly pays for it. He doesn't like the idea that I am helping him pay even for small things but I want to help out anyway.

I think in a relationship we can always work thing like this out if both sides want to. I normally do things that make him feel special like buying flowers for his house or books that I know that he would love to read for him. These things cost not much but they have sentimental values and they show that I love and think about him. In addition, besides buying things, you can always show your love by loving what he loves. In my case, he has pets so loving and playing with his pets also shows how much I love him.

Money is an important issue in a relationship but it is not the most important thing. I was frustrated to date this guy at first because he made so much money and I just felt like I was out of place when going to nice places with him. But again, things worked out beautifully becuase we both adopt and accepted each other.