Pictures of Ex on FB

kittysaysmeow

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what some think about having pictures of an ex on facebook.

The reason I ask is that my current boyfriend has pictures of him and his ex in his facebook picture album. I would be ok if they were group pictures but it's about 10 or so pics of just him and her.

Now to be fair, these were added over 2 years ago and he now has pictures of us on his facebook, so I'm not worried about anything fishy going on.

I guess I'm just wondering if having pictures of your ex on facebook the norm? I find it a bit odd because I took my pics the me and my ex off my page right after we broke up (for my benefit). At the very least, I would have taken them down as soon as I started seeing someone else.

Thoughts?

Some people just take facebook more seriously than others. I deleted mine recently, but still had pictures of my ex on there for about 6 weeks after we broke up. If I hadn't have found myself snooping on him, I would probably still have them up.

I had pics of some exes there too, though, because we are still good friends. Are they friends??

Oh I agree. If you're friends with your ex then I completely understand but they had a terrible breakup and are no longer talking. They broke up over 2 years ago, so I'm wondering if this is just a laziness thing and forgot about the pics?

I still think it's weird that he has pics of her on his FB. I would like to talk to him about it but I'm afraid it'll look insecure...which, granted, it probably is.

I think its odd and i wouldnt do something like that. but as someone else said- everyone is different. i know guys who have pics of their ex's from like 4 years ago still in their profile pictures. And its nothing to do with anything emotional- they just dont care or dont notice enough to go out of their way to delete them all.

There are a few pictures of my girlfriend with her ex on her facebook. But I only know they're there because I went digging through all of her photos for fun, and I doubt she even realizes they are there since they're so old.

But really, I don't care, they're old pictures and she's with me now. I probably won't even mention that I've seen them.

Archived