Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Moustyian Adventures

Alezia

January 3rd 2010

Tomorrow's Goals

• Call house builder and set up appointment to measure windows, stairs etc... (X)
  • Finalize kids room choice decorations and colors
  • Find out about utilities + set them up
  • Work with Luka on "Ball Game words" - kick, throw, catch. He knows ball at least. (X)
  • Find CD-ROM at cheap price, if possible. (X)

I'm finally back with a keyboard and on the network.

Turns out I don't have to set up anything for the utilities, the official counter reading and switch over will be done at possession date.

Things to do today concerning the house:

- Sign the new house warranty (X)

- Go take measures in the house and take pictures (X)

- Call kim to ask if bf needs to also sign warranty (X)

- File change of address at post canada (X)

- File change of address with other things

- Get bf to reserve uhaul since he will be driving it

- Order freezer (X)

- Fix lawyer postal code (X)

- Get bf to reserve elevator

Misc things:

- Do the PX90 workout

- Clean all dishes....

- Work on ball throwing words with Luka (X) - made it out to be playdough.. I'm really procrastinating on ball words

I've been pretty frustrated with the house stuff and waiting... and getting my boyfriend's opinion and input. We have different opinions and even though I do seek his input I'm tired of always waiting to do stuff on his timeline.

Then he always stresses and freaks out because he does everything at the last minute - no more!! I've ordered the freezer and did our address change alone... feels good. I'd do the other phone calls but somehow my son has eaten our telephone. Good thing I don't have to explain that to a highschool teacher.

Just came back from measuring the dimensions of our stairs and windows. I finally got to snap a few pictures to put on my facebook. Here's a picture of our kitchen!

Everything is starting to fall together which I am really happy for! I was so afraid of messing up the colors for our floors, counters etc... but everything turned out great. Place needs a good cleaning, you almost need to peel off the sawdust and glue when coming out of it!

It's not super fancy of a kitchen, but it's our first home. We intend to move in five years so we didn't want to overdo our starter house.

Archived