Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

hike14's food journal

Applewhite

I had lost around 20 lbs and was very near reaching my ideal weight. Unfortunately I stopped weighing and stopped tracking what I eat and I gained most of it back. Now I am in the high 180's and not liking where I am. Again I feel tired, and uncomfortable with my body and clothes are not comfortable. My breathing is heavy and it just isn't right. I am around 5'7'' (a little shorter) and I should be around 155 lbs (maybe even less).

I know I can loose the weight again but the trick is to NOT gain it back again, ever! This can only be done by losing the mentality that you 'start' and 'finish' a diet. The diet is ALWAYS there. If it does not come naturally to you (and it doesn't to me) you have to make sure everything you eat (forever!) is in moderation. The first step for me was actually LEARNING what is good and what is bad for my body. I am still learning, but I am far better than I used to be. I used to be oblivious.

I am starting a journal in hopes that it can help me remind myself that I can't let the rope go again. I can't stop tracking, planning, controlling the way I eat for periods of time.

My FIRST goal is to come down to 180 lbs at my heaviest and perhaps under when I weigh in the morning with an empty tummy. Good luck to me!

Note: Feel free to comment, criticize, question and encourage! Thanks!

I won't necessarily post everyday (because if I try to do that I will most certainly fail to on busy days, and I will give up all together) but I will post as much as I can and be honest!

Dec 21 2009,

4 cups of hot cocoa (spenda, skim milk)

Banana

Eggs and 3 slices turkey bacon half a glass of oj

A few pieces of raw (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots about a cup) and light ranch dressing 1 tbs

Cashews - equivalent to about 10 whole

4 chicken nuggets and some mustard

A slice of swiss cheese and a slice deli sliced turkey breast

10 pecans

Apple sauce 4 0z

Steak salad and chickpeas

Archived