I wrote this for a woman...once.

EternalSingle

Women have no sense of romance these days and do not appreciate art...

To tread the troubling path most dark,

Upon this journey doth each embark,

A swarthy wood, with wiles unknown,

Through blackened bramble hath sun ne’er shone,

Stumbling steps howbeit true,

Hollow husk of heart doth rue,

On welkin’s way did long I ponder,

Fool, forsaken, forever yonder,

Whence and whither I come and go,

Glibly, freely, to and fro,

Devilish doing hath me deceived,

False freedom’s fear be not believed,

Naught but yonder’s yearning slave,

Lovelorn, longing did I crave,

This wicked world in no wise kind,

Callous cruelty did I find,

In din’s deception did I seek,

accross the bounds both great and meek,

Never finding what was sought,

Despair and doom so often thought,

But ever eyeless hath been my sight,

For in thy love found I light,

With welcome words thou hast me shown,

Warm fire’s hearth that call I home,

Through reason’s right am I reborn,

This love I bore was never lorn.

Words are wisps, they falter, fail

Feelings far beyond the pale,

For all is but shadow, shallow, moonlit cast,

My love for thee so very vast,

Thus to thee, heart now mend,

Feeble, faulty, words I send,

Now very nigh to being whole,

Tendest thou to my soul,

For thine is my love, its fires ne’er fade,

For thee alone was this poem made.

If you were a woman, wouldn't you be flattered?

I don't understand one thing and one thing only; Why do men try so hard, so so so hard... To impress the types of women who don't even deserve a second glance by someone because of their horrible personalities and stuff? The type of women who laugh at people when they fall down (physically or mentally wise), the type of women who only like men for either his looks or money, the type of women who would only use you for sex, money, or anything shallow... WHY, may I ask, OP, do men try so hard to catch these kinds of women? When there are a plenty amount of women out there who are beautiful inside and out who would never dream of hurting the one man she loves?

I don't know about the OP but I was decioeved into thinking my ex was who she was.

But turned out to be nothing of the sort.

Then love takes over and.....thats where the trying hard comes in.

Not seeing rationality.

All logic can go out the door when in love.

Allowing double standards just so they won';t get mad at you even though you know what you are doing is harmless and not what they think you are doing.

But can not convince them otherwise.

I don't understand one thing and one thing only; Why do men try so hard, so so so hard... To impress the types of women who don't even deserve a second glance by someone because of their horrible personalities and stuff? The type of women who laugh at people when they fall down (physically or mentally wise), the type of women who only like men for either his looks or money, the type of women who would only use you for sex, money, or anything shallow... WHY, may I ask, OP, do men try so hard to catch these kinds of women? When there are a plenty amount of women out there who are beautiful inside and out who would never dream of hurting the one man she loves?

Where? Where are they?

Where? Where are they?

I'm here. I'm one of them. All my life I've been searching for that one deep friendship that can also love me for who I truly am and not what I could be. The one person who loves me and is my best friend. The one person who would NEVER, in a million years, would hurt me. The one person who keeps their word on their promises on forever. The one person who cares about me to the point of tears...

I've been overlooked, of course, because I don't look like a beauty queen. I don't wear revealing clothes, or put on heaps on bronzer or eyeliner. I don't have beautiful blue eyes, or luscious lips and breasts. Many people have called me cute before, but I take that compliment as, "Not pretty enough for romantic material, but pretty enough for a good laugh or two before discarding you away like trash before searching for another beautiful creature."

Yeah, I know I'm broken. Imperfect. Flaws everywhere, both in and out. I know I look a fright when I feel like giving up on humanity, but still... I want more than anything to have someone who loves me as much as I love them. Too bad all the bad girls and all the beautiful girls get to have love while I, the broken one, sit on the sidelines while watching life go by.

yeah i see where it went wrong girls these days would have something more alike hey m8 wts pnin c u l8r.most have forgotten about olde english and well open a door for a woman your under suspicioun that you could be checking out someone accross the road or behind them lol romance is dying fast women are becoming more masculine where as men are turning more femanine its a crazy old world

Women have no sense of romance these days and do not appreciate art...

Some do. But at my age, if you wrote something like this to a girl, you'd be a "Stalker" or "desperate loser"

But some girls my age like it (the ones that aren't * * * * * * ('scuse my french))