Shy girl needs advice on asking a guy out

Hi, I just joined I know this guy likes me or did the last time I saw him. I won't see him again for another 2 weeks. I overheard him ask his friends if I had a Boyfriend and he looks at me alot. I smiled at him and he gave me a huge grin back. He still looks at me alot so I'm guessing he likes me.

The problem is we havent really talked before and I'm quite shy so I can never think of anything to say to him. He's always surrounded by guys and I feel akward about asking to speak to him alone when we've never really talked before and I don't want his friends making fun of me because it's going to be obvious that I'm trying to ask the him out.

The next time I see him I'm not gonna have alot of time to talk to him and I've noticed him look at me and show interest in me for about 3 months now. I don't want him to give up and think that nothing will happen between us. I dont want to seem obsessive by trying too hard to show I'm interested.

I read that guys prefur girls to ask them out. My problem is finding a way that doesn't sound cheesy, overcoming my shyness enough to approach him, getting him away from his friends without feeling akward or looking obvious and thinking of something good to say. He's not too shy, but I think he'd be shy about asking me out and I really need to make the first move. Any advice?

Thanks

- Starkitty

Maybe when you see him again, give him a compliment on something like his shirt, hair, watch or something (as long as its genuine). Us guys love getting compliments and will possibly then think about it for the rest of the day.

Act confident if your going to ask him for help / come and see this thing etc to get him away from the group.

Sounds as if this guy is interested and is probably just as nervous if not more than you! So when you do ask him away for a word, he'll probably be secretly excited about it and go freely.

Good luck!

All I can say is... GO FOR IT! Theres nothing more that a guy likes than a girl chasing after him, trust me I know

I'd go along with what everyone else said, do something with him at work or at college, something that you can do together and then maybe do something socially in your own time.

If you can find out what he's good at, ex: construction, real estate, computers, etc, then seek out advice from there

[sEEK AND CONQUER]

Good Luck

Thank you both so much those are great ideas I just need to work out what he can help me with now.

Thanks again,

-Starkitty

if a girl askes me out i feel a hell alot better than askin a girl out. if u know he likes u and hees single than id just straight out ask him out, u may feel stupid for less that a minute at the most but trust me it will all be wourth it in the end

psi think its sexy if a girl askes me out so go ahed

I was gonna ask him out today, but when I got to the course I found out it was split in two different groups. He's in one and I'm in the other. We didn't get to choose. I proberbly never get to see him again unless he asks to be in the group I'm in. I dunno what to do now. I can't ask anyone for his number and I don't really know anyone that knows him that well.