Best Friend Woe Part Deux

messedup85

Hey,

So I have written a thread about this friend of mine before if you feel intrigued. So in a nut shell if you don't read the post, she cheated on her B/F and made me look like a fool defending her cuz she lied to me too. So Part deux, obviously I haven't severed my ties because I am still in the drama zone.

After a year of lies and cheating, her boyfriend confronted her with the cheating and she confessed, but she wanted to work it out and he went with it (idiot!! LOL). Well of course she had to try and line up her next boyfriend before offically dumping the "good" one. So a few days after her confession she told him "ohhh I don't feel the same anymore I am moving out". So she is now moving in with her "lover".

So she is now wanting me to befriend this new guy even though I hate him cuz just from what she has told me he is good for nothing. Plus my other friends, my boyfriend and me have created a friendship with her ex. I already told her that we aren't severing ties with him cuz she is done with him and she was okay with it (NOT).

So this past weekend there was a pile of drama concerning invites to a party and such. Basically she bailed so I invited her ex. Then out of the blue she is going again plus wanting to bring her scuzzy boy toy.She started playing head games with her ex and me confusing all of us and pissing me off. Her ex ended up coming and she didn't come at all and it was a great evening.

So After this fiasco plus her "newfound love" going on I want absolutely nothing to do with it and I am now offically done. I am now understanding who are my real friends and who are the ones just dragging me down. Her bull is all high school drama. I was afraid to let go of the 10 year friendship but I realize people change and grow and I am the one growing and she is doing her usual over and over again!!! Now I am ready and I want to send her an email explaining myself and just letting all this * * * * out. Is email a good way to go with this or should I be face to face??](*,)

Is email a good way to go with this or should I be face to face??](*,)

What do you want? Do you want her out of your life? Do you want her to change? Do you believe she can still change? Or do you want to point out all her faults on the way out the door?

If you are not willing to give her another shot at friendship then there is no reason to write or sit down and speak with her. If the only reason you want to do that is to have a chance to tell her all of these things you've never told her and explain why she is losing you as a friend then you are doing it for yourself and not for her.

If you don't want her in your life any more then walk away. Hashing it all out is just going to add more drama to your life.

But if you are willing to work on the friendship, if you feel like there is something worth saving then I would suggest writing down what you want to say (making sure that you can touch on all the points) and then sit down with her face to face and talk to her about how she has hurt you and what you would like to change.

If you done, be done.

If you want a relationship then be open, honest, and do the hard thing and talk to her.

Archived