Cipralex... anyone with experience?

Nidania

My doctor prescribed me Cipralex to help with depression and anxiety today. I start them tomorrow, and I'm wondering if anyone else here has taken these before?

What were your side effects?

Did they help you feel better?

How long till you felt better?

I'm also getting referred to a therapist, so it'll be a two-prong approach.

Hey--I've been on Cipralex (aka Lexapro in the US, I believe) for a little over a month.

Side Effects I've experienced so far: Night sweats, Ringing ears (especially at night), fatigue (take the pill before you go to bed vs. in the morning), occasional constipation

By far the most severe side-effect I've experienced are the night sweats. It's a common side effect of all SSRIs, though.

They have made me feel quite a bit better, but I find that they have changed my mood much more drastically than Zoloft ever did (which I was on for about two years). I no longer have anxiety like I did but I also feel a bit...alien? It's hard to describe. I don't feel like the same person that I once was.

Thanks for your insight FathomFear That's very helpful, and I do appreciate it.

I took my first one this morning, no side effects yet. I guess one pill isn't enough to do anything yet

The "alien" feeling concerns me a little bit... I'm trying to find out exactly who is lurking behind the clouds, and I'm hoping I still feel like myself as I continue taking them. Hopefully the therapy will help out with that too though.

I have been on them for a few months now. I recently have used Effexor, as well as paxil. I always take it at night...as I have heard about it making you tired. I am always tired anyways...so it is hard for me to say. I will so though, that it doesn't seem to have any sexual side effects, which is nice. Paxil was AWFUL for that. Just give it some time!!! It seems to help me with anxiety.

Archived